Smirky Fan #11

I hate when people take my comment the wrong way. Like everything I saw sometimes people think I’m always out to get them, when I’m just trying to be less of a negative person

Yeah it really really sucks for your intentions to be misconstrued…to feel like your heart is so right and so good and to see the impact be SO OPPOSITE of what’s inside of you…and to feel like trying to correct it only makes the situation worse…to feel handcuffed into being perceived as something you’re not is such a brutal place to be.

Let me echo your hopes: your heart is good. Thank you for staying “in the arena” even when it feels like people are trying to knock you out. Your voice matters.

-Nate

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. -Teddy Roosevelt