So close to being done with people....plz help

Im so close to being done with people… I am so tired of constantly having to tip toe around others feelings and ticking them off just by doing something as simple as breathe wrong… Im so done with people liking me for a short while then throwing me away when they get tired of dealing with me… I am so tired of being asked to help someone just for them to criticize every suggestion I make… When is this cycle going to end…

Im tired, mentally exhausted, and ready to just shut down… I feel like all I am good for anymore is to convince people and when I don’t… no one wants anything to do with me and if I try to have something to do with someone else they don’t like it or they will for a temporary period of time and just run off…

I want to be done…

5 Likes

It’s okay to feel done with people who are not very good friends. I’m sorry that you feel so drained. My first impression is that you are around a very superficial group of people. If you are young, that’s a very common problem. You are not alone. What those people are doing to you, odds are quite good that they are also doing it to each other.

There are some decent people out there, who, like you would like a genuine friend, and would value the friendship.

It’s hard to make friends, or sustain a friendship while feeling mentally exhausted. It might be better to give yourself time for rest and relaxation, before you interact with the group you are around.

Be done for a while, but not forever.

2 Likes

Hi Andy,
thank you for sharing this. i’m sorry to hear that.
if someone asks for help and then is criticizing you, does he really wanted help ? you have done everything
right. people come and go, friends also. real friends are staying with you.
give yourself some time to self care. do things that you love and you enjoy. don’t think of that, i know it’s
easier said then done. we are always here for you be sure.
do small steps and also reflect on it. you matter and deserve good people around yourself, you deserve
everything good in this world. you are worth it. have a nice day my friend, feel hugged
Greetings

2 Likes

Hey @Andy,

I’m sorry that there are circumstances that made you feel like you can’t be entirely yourself around others, or even give your trust fully. It sounds that something happened and has hurt you – would you like to share and talk about it? I would like to encourage you to try to look at the situation as it is and explore how it makes you feel, rather than creating general conclusions from it. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing, and it’s okay to acknowledge what happened for what it is. If you would like to share, we’re here to listen. You are loved. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hi @Andy

It sounds like you need to set some boundaries and I’ll share this really good video with you. I think you’ll get a lot of it, I did. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hi there @Andy,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing here; I’m glad that you posted. It’s so understandable that you’re exhausted by all these interpersonal challenges. It’s hard when people aren’t accepting of you for who you are, and you deserve to have people in your life that value you in the long-term.

Remember that it’s okay to rest and take some time for yourself. Try to be easy on yourself, as interpersonal challenges aren’t personal failures and aren’t indicative of your value as a person.

With time, I hope that you’re able to build up relationships that bring you fulfillment and respect your needs. You are valued, cared for, and not alone in this; I have faith in you.

<3 Tuna

PS: On an unrelated note, congrats on the job!!

4 Likes

Hey, Andy! I want to first say congratulations on the new job!!! That is so exciting and I’m so happy for you. I hope it goes really well. All of my fingers and toes are crossed for you that you love working there.

As for what you say here I want to let you know that so often when it seems like people stop being able to “deal with” others it is because of an issue they have and nothing wrong with you. Some people are not able to be supportive or to be the kind of friend that we all need and deserve. And sometimes when people cannot accept help when they ask for it it is because they are not ready to hear what needs to be said. And that just means that the friendship wasn’t meant to last but it doesn’t mean that you are at fault. It’s okay to be tired and it’s okay to take a mental break. Sometimes it can help a lot to just zone out of certain situations for a bit and recharge.

I hope that you can focus on yourself and your new job right now and leave other people’s drama alone while you embrace this exciting new chapter in your life. You got this, friend :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

hi andy!

it’s understandable and honestly normal to feel this way, to be so exhausted with the world around you and shutting down from so many bad things happening. however, i’m sorry you’re feeling this way and wish there was an easy answer. but the biggest encouragement i can give you is to prioritize yourself and your mental health. take time to yourself to rest, do what you want to do, and separate yourself from those that bring you negativity. once you feel ready to embrace the world again, you can take that step forward but for now you need to recharge your batteries.

my hope for you is that you find friends who love and support you and your interests as much as you love and support them. but for now, take that time to yourself and recharge. you are the priority. sending you love, my friend.

love,
twix

2 Likes

Hey Andy,

I am sorry that you are going through this. You seem like you have a lot to give, but receive criticism in response. I understand that. You give, and get resistance back.

It is OK to take time for yourself. To recharge your batteries, before you lend energy to another. I have a saying: “Physician, attend thyself”. A doctor can’t tend the wounded, if they themselves are not well. Take some time to attend your needs, recharge your batteries. Once you have enough charge to share, then start giving again.

3 Likes