So tired of feeling like this. just need someone to talk to

hi
im new here so hopefully I’m doing this correctly.
the last two weeks have been really difficult for me, being sick with covid among other events occurring in my life.
I’m so mentally unstable and exhausted. I’ve been having breakdowns every day/randomly crying and I’m not even sure why. I feel helpless honestly.
idk if its my hormonal imbalance (i have PCOS, not formally diagnosed though) or if the built-up stress and pain are catching up with me.
I can’t find the strength to tell anyone how I feel and open up about my struggles. Even typing this feels embarrassing but the burden has become too much for me.
Nevertheless im tired of being sad and hopeless but nothing is making me feel better.
(disclaimer: not suicidal, just struggling)

7 Likes

Hi dubiouslyderanged
First of all let me welcome you here at Heartsupport. i am glad you have found us :slightly_smiling_face:. I am sorry you are struggling so much. Covid is a very serious thing and it is affecting us all either directly or indirectly. There is not shame in admitting that you are feeling the way you do. All of us feel that way from time to time. Remember that you are strong and you can get through it :slightly_smiling_face:. Have you seen a doctor or therapist about your recent issues? You might suffer from generalized anxiety disorder or something similar. It would be good to let them check you up. I am also going to post a few videos here that deal with anxiety and similar things. Hope some of it helps at least a little :wink:

2 Likes

sadly seeing a doctor or therapist isnt accessible to me at the moment but its something Im hoping to do later in the year. thank you for your help and for hearing me out, it means a lot to me. :heart:

5 Likes

There is nothing to be embarrassed about, and this is an excellent place to talk about how you’re feeling. You can also Google help lines in your area, but dialing 211 usually works. You might have to struggle, but you don’t have to be alone.

Stay in touch here, so we can know how you’re doing.

3 Likes

of course :slight_smile: being able to post that has taken some of the heaviness away, but I know I still have some work to do so I can post an “update” at some point. thank you for your concern :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Friend, Welcome to heart support and thank you for posting, I am so sorry you are having such a horrible time right now but I am pleased that you found the courage and strength to open up and write down how you feel,it’s the first step to making a difference. I have had a look at PCOS and it sounds like what you are experiencing is both the symptoms of that and the anxiety and upset of having those symptoms. Anything that is hormonal is always difficult to manage but certainly not some-thing to be embarrassed about, not the condition or the re-sponse to it, when you don’t feel good and everything is get-ting on top of you its bound to feel crushing. I would encourage you right now to please be kind to yourself, don’t give yourself a hard time, when you feel down try to do some self care to help with making yourself feel more relaxed. I have put a link at the bottom of this for the pcos awareness association in case you wanted to look for some people in the same situation that you could compare notes with. I truly wish you well and please know you have as much support as you need here. You can contact us anytime you like. Much Love Lisa. X

PCOS Awareness Association (pcosaa.org)

3 Likes

Hi @dubiouslyderanged Just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing. I’m hoping you’ve found some way to see a doctor and get a proper diagnosis. I don’t know your circumstances, but usually states in the US have government run programs to help with stuff. I really you’re feeling better! Take care! ~Mystrose

4 Likes

Hello, dubiouslyderanged and welcome to the community! It sounds like you are going through quite a lot. I’m sorry you are struggling.

I know you said seeing a doctor isn’t possible right now but I want to make sure you know that internet self-diagnosis can be dangerous if you act on that assumption without a doctor checking it out. I implore you not to try treating yourself with things for PCOS specifically until you have an official diagnosis. I’ve fallen for it before and when I do tell my doctors they will usually tell me I’m wrong. So please take care of yourself and care for the symptoms you have as best you can and get to a doctor as soon as you can and tell them your symptoms and concerns. Knowing the truth about what is happening is so very important when it comes to our health.

Please keep us updated and good luck, friend :hrtlegolove:

4 Likes