Social Anxiety Victories

I´m 28 and I´ve suffered from social anxiety since I was a teen. For the past few days I’ve actually felt…normal. I don’t know if it’s the vitamins, prayers, or Ted Talks I’ve been watching but I’m so relieved lol but I’m afraid that this will pass in just a few days and the depression will return. Even if it does, I’m so grateful for this moment. Thank God.

8 Likes

I’m so happy for you! That’s awesome! Praise God!

1 Like

I’ll keep you in prayer that you do well and move forward. You got this.

1 Like

Thank you!! I really appreciate that :smile:

Rene! That is amazing! I recommend you to watch this video: https://youtu.be/iAbungTfYqg It helped me understand these sudden episodes of “normality” and enlightenment better. Also, you will understand that there is actually a way of recovery from the darkness that comes within you.

(If you don’t have the time to watch the video, I recommend you search up self-actualization, the states of consciousness, satori and kensho moments)

1 Like

That is such great news! I’m happy for you!

The fear that the depression will return is rational. It might return for a short while. Living normally takes some practice, but you know what normal is now. If you feel depressed again, remember what you’re feeling now. Remember how real this feels. Remind yourself that this is who you really are. You are not your depression, and if you focus on the real you, you will find yourself again much more quickly.

4 Likes

I´ve been holding on to your words for the past few days and it´s really helped me not to worry so much. Thank you so much :relaxed:

1 Like