Sometimes things are sad and more sad things make it funny

I have been super depressed. Had a rough breakup. The roomates I love are moving out. And today. For the first time in 25 years. I was stung by a wasp. I don’t actually blame the wasp as I stepped on it with a bare foot.
But honestly instead of being more sad it is just kinda funny. Like, really?
Hope others can find some humour in the sadness today.

3 Likes

Ouch! :cry:
I can relate to laughing in times of pain. It became a defense mechanism for me. I learned to literally laugh myself out of crying. It sounds like this may be different for you, perhaps just a single incident, but if you think you’re trying to escape the pain by making it humorous and would like to instead express your pain, I’m here to listen!

Owwie! I’m glad you’re okay! I think it’s great that you could try to bring some light heartedness in your current hard times. Sometimes it’s good to laugh and smile at things out of our control.

I’m sorry about the break up though.

A little joke maybe to help make you smile, to add in to your light humor:

What do you call the security outside of a Samsung store?

Guardian of the Galaxy

:grimacing:

And if you don’t get it, I’m sorry. I’ll walk away in shame.

Much love to you friend!

1 Like

@anon17277947 don’t ever be ashamed of jokes! I do get it :slight_smile: thanks for the humour.

1 Like

@xTimeRemains I have cried so hard I have started laughing. The opposite of the laugh till you cry.
But this was just one of those. Really world? It made me chuckle. Still working through the other things. But not letting the sting pull me down more. Just laughing at the timing.

1 Like

Hehe :sweat_smile: I getcha. I can lean a little to the dreary side lol. I’m glad to hear your response is one of empowerment and not one of collapse. Makes me think that you’ve got a lot of strength left in you to get through all the stuff that’s been dragging you down to not let this pull you down further. Awesome Elaine!

Any time! Haha. :upside_down_face: :crazy_face: :grimacing: