Soo unfair!

why is it that the boys on my track team get more attention that us girls … i get that they are more dominant & have more of everything girls are not capable of having , yeah they are my teammates and i love them but its unfair where you have to come to practice everyday where they only focus on the boys because they win medals all the time … we girls never win medals because we run with public , catholic , and people out of our state while the boys run with their division … i work my ass off every single day at practice & at track meets but them coaches never look my way or my girl teammates way except for two which they are super close with … i don’t understand how i put in the most work at practice & on the damn track and i never get recognize for it ! i never get a MVP for showing up at practice & track meets every single day but 2 girls who don’t do no work at practice & just sit on they fucking ass while watching other girls buss they ass at practice trying to win a medal for the first time… i’m bit afraid to say i carry the damn team for the girl because i did every single event they put me in while the other girls complain about one stupid ass 200 race … i did the 800, 300 ,400, 200, 4by2 , 4by1, 4by4 ,4by8 and i still don’t get recognize for it ! all i get is you fucked us up at States. I PULLED MY HAMSTRING because of all the fucking pressure and nagging they put on me & they didn’t even care to ask me if i was okay or what happen they just blame poor me… i took the fault for it & sucked it up i didn’t say anything to them and when cross country season came i kept getting 5th place ribbons and one day i decided to push myself and when i push myself i got 3rd out of 12 … indoor season came about and i ran the 300 and the 4by2 relays … i went to an invitational meet with the boys and 3 girls on the team ( everybody couldn’t go) i was scared to run the 800 and i tried to tell my coaches that but they told me to suck it up and its not the end of the world … i was just sitting there thinking about the time they confront the other girls ( the two i mention earlier) about they events when they was scared and now when it comes down to me they gave me their backs and ass to kiss … i literally sat on the bench and put my head down and cry because it was unfair how the two girls get treated better than me and i worked more harder than them … i ran the 800 that day i did good for my three laps but i lost first place on my last lap because i couldn’t breathe and plus i had asthma , when i was finish i thought my teammates was gonna be there cheering me on like i do them but they was no where to be found , after i finish i fell to the floor the whole ceiling was spinning and i couldn’t breathe … i had no air. my teammates was no where to be found to help me but i’m always there when they finish their races… i was on the floor trying to find air while one of the track officials was screaming at me to move lucky a girl that was running in the 800 with me helped me up :slight_smile: she was so sweet and she told me to sit down and breathe , i thanked her for helping me and she told me anytime . while i was sitting down i was crying because nun of my teammates or coaches came to help me but they was quick to help one of the other girls if they hurt they self or the boys when they hurt theirselves … i just sat there thinking about how unfair they really treated me , i cried and cried until there was no tears left in me … then my " teammates" tried to help me and i just pulled away , i grabbed my warm up gears and limped all they way back to the bench by myself without saying anything … i just sat there lost in my own world and couldn’t seem to escape , i thought track was gonna be the sport to get away from my abusive mother , toxic siblings , my depression , self esteem , self harm , suicidal thoughts but it was just making everything worst … i’m still on the track team til this day and nothing change … i’m a sophmore … well junior due to school cancelling the whole year … 2 years and i never get any type of love on that team but hey what can i say ? this world is full of male dominant and jealous teammates who don’t want you to eat off the same plate as them … i made a promise to myself that i will be the dominant one on that team , i will be faster , strong and a leader … and i will get recognize by my coaches … any advice ? :(:pensive:

1 Like

Your coach is really sexist. You and the other girls on your team work so hard for nothing, you should leave this track team and join another one.

1 Like

i agree with @yourtherapist your coach is sexist. boys and girls should have to work hard equally. you need to find a different team that will treat everybody the same.

1 Like

hi friend,
I’m so sorry this is going on. It’s super unfair that you aren’t being recognized and your potential and hardworking isn’t being noticed as much as it should be. Is there someone in your school that you can talk to about the coach? Or could you possibly have a talk with the coach about what’s going on and how you’re being treated? I understand your frustration and I get how upsetting it can be to give something your all and have it be tossed to the side by those you’re trying to get approval by. No matter what, understand that you are trying your best and you are giving it your all. I promise it will work out in the end, and your hard work will be worth it:) there’s always gonna be people in your life who don’t recognize your potential and sometimes it just takes a whole lot of time to get them to understand that you deserve more. It’s frustrating, but true:/ I believe in you and know you can do it! I hope things start to get better and your hardwork is recognized more. love you :heart:

2 Likes