Back to heartsupport

SouzyLive Fan #13

My friend groups fell apart. Well, most of them just left me to be completely honest. Im halfway through highschool so it seems hopeless to make friends, which i have friends but nobody close or considersme close

2 Likes

2/2 there is one person out there thinking of you and is praying for you.

1/2 Be encouraged that you are not alone. Things are so hard with all of the sheltering in place. I’m sorry that you are struggling through. Please know that

Hey,

It’s hard when you feel like everyone is taking some distance with you. You certainly feel very alone right now, but know that despite these circumstances you are not alone, and you have a community here willing to encourage you. :hrtlegolove: Quarantine certainly doesn’t help not to feel connected with others. Personally, I’ve been feeling isolated during the past few months. Hugs are needed at this point.

You said your friends group is falling apart. Do you think it could be possible to try to connect and discuss with them? Or is there another reason outside quarantine and being all at different places? I just ask because sometimes we’re simply focused on our own life and we don’t really dedicate a lot of time to our friends, and that’s okay. But we still have the occasion to send a message “hey, I’m thinking of you”, just to show that we’re still all together.

Though, I know it’s stressful to think about making new friends when you’re in a school where everybody know each other already. But you’re not doomed to be alone. Friends come and go, and you can always learn to know others well and have new friendships, in the long run. Personally, when I was in school, I was part of different groups of friends through the years and it just happened naturally.

I also hope that you don’t put the blame on yourself. It’s okay to feel how you feel, to be worried, but you’ll be okay, and there’s nothing wrong with you. Know that you have friends here in this community as well. I know it’s different, but it’s still something. :hrtlegolove:

You are loved.
Sending hugs your way.

Yeah it feels like everyone else already has established friend groups, and now when you go to school it feels like you don’t belong anywhere. It feels like you’re a loner, like you’ll never end up finding a place to fit in. Feels like you see everyone else connecting with their friends, and it feels like somehow you’ve gotten forgotten, left behind, like you’ll never have a home there. And thinking about the next TWO YEARS to be filled with this brutal kind of loneliness feels like an impossible task.

I remember having something similar happen to me where I was mean to a kid in our class (I was trying to be “cool”), and my entire friend group turned on me and from one day to the next I was the ring leader to the outcast. I remember bawling that day, feeling /so alone/.

It’s reasonable the things you’re feeling…loneliness is a bitch.

I know everyone will say this that things do get better and you won’t stay alone forever, and /that is true/, but I’m curious about how you could make the most out of this time when you get the opportunity to just be yourself, not having to be anything for anyone else. If yes, you will get friends, you will not be alone, then how do you want to respond during this time when you don’t have to conform to anyone else’s expectations? Could you begin to see this short season as an opportunity for you to get to know yourself, who you are, and what you like?

Might be a good way to reframe this bit and actually enjoy it. Easier said than done, but worth trying.

-Nate

This actually hits really close to me. My senior year of high school I lost quite a few friends. I was quite lonely, but I did make NEW friends which were closer relationships that I had EVER had.

Hang in there! Find an outlet to express your emotions. Poetry, writing, music, art!

You are loved! <3

I connect to this, I lose my friends in high school cause I stopped dating someone they all found as a friend. For the second half of my high school life I was shamed and ignored from the “outcast” group. After highschool It was still like that. But I slowly found groups, it took years to find ones I love and want to stay with. You still have a group and it may take time, and that’s ok give yourself grace. Also if you want you can come to the HS discord and streams. I hope we can connect friend.

Love what Souzy said, “If a friend left you because you made a mistake, God’s going to send you better friends anyways.” I love that so much. The hope of better things coming to you. YES!