Standard depression and suicidal thoughts, come have a chat!

I asked someone for help and was rerouted here, I could write a paragraph but I think my cut wrists speak for themselves. If you wanna know more tell me and I’ll try my best to answer your questions.

Hey @dguy235

I’ll take an unorthodox approach to begin with: what song/songs do you think describe your life at the moment?

Also, are you using humor as a coping mechanism? XD Don’t be afraid to share here, you don’t have to convince anyone why your life is terrible/why you feel the way you do/that you are actually depressed. I don’t know if you feel this way, but don’t feel like you need to put on a brave face here. We are here to listen and help, not to judge.

You may not be the only one who feels the way you do, but that doesn’t take away from the hardships you are facing.

Songs I mostly listen to metal and I don’t think the war of Stalingrad describes my situation very well but if I had to pick one it’d be Just by Radiohead.

As for humor yes, I am using it to cope, I hope that’s alright? I mean it isn’t against TOS or anything is it?

I don’t think humor is ever against anything, sorry if it freaked you out. I also use humor a lot to cope.

Whats up in your life bro? I can’t say I listen to much Radiohead but if I had to take a wild guess (after listening to just) I’d guess that your circumstances are self-inflicted? You playing any sport, playing music, studying, reading?

Did you know that left handed people have a better chance of finishing their exams on time than people with no hands?

Not much really to be honest, that’s where the problem is.

I feel lonely all the time, I’m not exaggerating when I say I have no friends and I do nothing all day but wallow in my own self pity. This was also why I was skeptical at first. You hear about all these people’s with their best mates dying and their grandpa’s got cancer and what’s wrong with me? I feel a little lonely sometimes. I feel like I’m just being a whiny baby.

I feel you, being lonely sucks. I was in a place like that recently after I my ex girlfriend broke up with me XD

Don’t be afraid to try and make plans, even if you feel like you just want to be alone. Constant isolation makes the find believe funny things which aren’t often true. Get up and do something, take up a hobby like running and rock climbing.

Be hard on yourself, oftentimes we should turn to ourselves and pick ourselves up out of the holes we have stumbled into. Don’t complain about your circumstances, put that energy towards finding a solution. Don’t excuse yourself, accept reality for what it is (excuses and effort are mutually exclusive in my mind).

If this advice seems a bit heavy you may find comfort in the fact that I still struggle following it often. That being said, don’t give up

Ok thanks man, I’ll try my best.

Hi dguy! I totally get that feeling of loneliness, it’s completely normal to feel that way and trust me, I feel that quite often since I don’t have friends IRL either, I have most of mine in the wonderful world of internet. Now, my question for you is, do you game? Do you do art? Are there any communities to hang out with for you in the internet? If not, I want to encourage you to put yourself out there and try and seek out friends! Different forums similar to this and even Twitch are fantastic platforms for getting to know with people!

Hey,

You’re loved.

You’re important.

You can get through this.

I believe in you.

Love,
Lys

Oh hey Lyss, fancy catching you here, how you holding up? Everything alright?

I’m doing fine, how are you today?

I just want you to know you aren’t alone in this. A lot of people are or have been in the same kind of place. There is hope. I believe in you. Keep fighting.

I’m proud of you for reaching out, and I hope you keep doing so if it helps. I know it can be hard but you did it friend and I’m proud of you.

Remember you are not alone. We may only be here through the internet- but nonetheless we are here to listen and we care.

Hope to hear back soon. You are loved.

-lys