Sticking up for myself

If you’re not sure of my situation you can check out my last post where I explained it all. But I think I’m finally starting to realize I need to stick up for myself in order to start the healing process. I haven’t been doing what I want to do and have been living by someone else’s rules for way too long. I think even though it will cause allot of problems, I need to stick up for myself and do those things regardless because I know they will make me happy. I’m tired of being walked all over and being miserable, but I’m also terrified of the back lash and causing all of these terrible problems. I just wish I could do what I want without it blowing up. I’m beyond stressed but hopefully I’ll be able to find the courage one of these days to finally be me. It’s hard to think that I have control over my life and can decide what I do for myself, I’m not used to it. It’s really challenging to feel like I’m just not given the chance to live.

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear that you’ve decided to take a stand for yourself, @PikachuNerd! You’re worth sticking up for; You’re valuable and you deserve the best. Keep on keeping on!

1 Like

It’s so important to stand up for ourselves! It is not always easily done but good for you for recognizing that! Keep fighting for yourself! Keep your head up! There may be problems along the way like you said, but it doesn’t take away from your worth and the importance behind it. You are worth it like, Eric said. You are important. You are valued!

One day at a time my friend. You got this! Hold fast!

1 Like

Their time in life you need to think for yourself and that best thing you can do. Also it okay to take ther people advice as it comig from a good place. However it also you can not listen to everybody, sometime some people think they know what best for you, but that not always the case. In life regardness if you listen to people or not, you going make some mistake. In addition that part of being a human being. Overall, it should you that make that decision and not let people dicate your life.

1 Like

Thank all of you so much for your comments. They’re really sweet and mean allot to me. :heart:

1 Like