Still not 100%

I have been in a good place since talk therapy and taking the right meds but I still am kind of miserable and alot of regret from the past. Usually from the mistakes I have made and how people treated me when I made mistakes . I never really look forward to the good when I wake up. It’s more like what bad is gonna happen today?Who’s gonna get pissed at me today? What am I gonna screw up at work today. Anyone have an experience with this? How do you deal with it?

2 Likes

Eventually you get used to doing well. Eventually your performance speaks for itself and validates you. But it’ll take time. Even now, sometimes I feel like I have no business living the life I’m living. That’s imposter syndrome, and it’s something specific your counselor can really you through.

Meanwhile, try to remember that your past taught you valuable lessons. Remember where you came from so you don’t go back. And maybe instead of dreading the day in the morning, reflect on what went well in the evening or even the next morning and keep those good vibes going. You’ve got this.

3 Likes

I do. I deal with this a lot. I wake up everyday feeling really down on myself and really have to practice not beating down on myself so much. It can be a challenge. It’s easy to feel like a failure and worry that we are going to mess up somehow. But it’s important to not let ourselves escalate down that way of thinking. It’s so destructive.

It sounds like maybe you could still use some therapy to work through these feelings you are fighting. I know I still do. I don’t have health insurance right now, so I am unable to do that atm. 1 session out of pocket can be hefty. But if you have access still, I encourage you to talk to your therapist about these things so they can work with you on how to process them in a healthy way and work through them. <3

We learn and we grow from our past and from our mistakes. I try not to regret that past. Because I can’t undo the the past. I can only control how I act, react and the things I do in the now. So look back on those things that you regret and try to instead learn from them. Improve and grow. You will become better for it. <3 Like @SheetMetalHead said, remember where you came from so you don’t go back. Solid advice.

I hope you find the strength and courage to fight for yourself my friend. And that you find the peace and healing that you deserve. Much love.

• Kitty
2 Likes