Still not good

Still not good tired of living everyday is the same thing I don’t get any enjoyment out of nothing thinking of a short rope and a long leap don’t know how much more I can take

2 Likes

Hi @Dani , as difficult as your situation is, I thank you for coming to the support wall and being transparent about the way you’re feeling. Times are extremely difficult right now for so many reasons but I want you to know, any and all reasoning you have, is completely valid.

The days I cant get out of bed, I look at a note I have saved in my phone that has a list of affirmations/activities that transition me into a better state of mind. Having a list really comes in handy on those days that I cant think straight or even remember what I normally do to feel happy.

I also save encouraging texts, notes, and emails I’ve seen over the years or have received from people I know and save them to an album in my phone. This helps me remember that there are people that care about people like me, especially on the days I feel really alone.

I’ve also started to look for new ways to do the same ol things to avoid burnout on my day to day routine. I try to associate or do something fun with those tasks that scare, bore, or challenge me. Hopefully this post can be the start of your own “Affirmations and Activities” note on those days that seem particularly gloom. Sending you all the positive thoughts and prayers, my friend.

Affirmations:
-The way you feel right now is completely valid.
-You are not alone.
-You matter and are incredibly valuable.
-There is no time table on healing. Its ok to be fine one day and a complete mess the next day. Its a messy process, just keep going.
-We all make mistakes but we are not defined by them.

Activities:
-Go outside for at least 15 minutes and breathe fresh air while stretching/meditating in the sunlight.
-Play songs off your favorite’s playlist and sing along to them.
-Watch funny videos or cute animal videos.
-Reach out to a friend and see how they’re doing.

3 Likes

Talk to friends today my psychologist and a few other people and they are all suggesting that I go to a hospital for in-house treatment but I don’t know if I want to do that or not

2 Likes

Hi @Dani ,

Having reservations about a decision like that is totally valid. If you’re not sure because you have questions about the treatment, I would ask your psychologist for as much information as possible. Gather all the info and resources that you can so you can weigh out the pros and cons and see what will be best for you based on data and professional opinion.

Sometimes the hardest part about moving forward in your healing is making the actual decision to progress. I know it can feel scary at first but it’s easy to psych ourselves out by overthinking the situation. If you’ve exhausted all other resources and haven’t seen improvement, then maybe this treatment is a good step.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.