Stream Stress. I'm losing my friends

I’ve started to Stream last week and I need to address a serious issue that’s been happening with my stream. Constantly from my friends, I’ve been getting complaints that I’m not doing enough and I’m not being around them much anymore because of me streaming. I honestly don’t understand what I can do about that. Streaming makes me happy, it betters my mental health because I feel like I belong in a new community that offers me a chance to just do what I love while people watch me play games. It’s just everyday since then, I’ve been getting these complaints and people are actually breaking off friendships with me because I stream. They say things like “You don’t need me anymore, you have people on stream that support you”, and I don’t understand where that is coming from. I try my best to be inclusive of everyone, I really do, and I’m not sure if I’m being a negligent and lousy friend but I don’t know what I can do. Does anyone have any suggestions to how I can handle this? Should I quit stream forever to save my friendships or keep doing what I love till I eventually end up being alone?

Try to include both stream and your friends equally! Talk to your friends about why they’re upset and try to explain to them how much streaming means to you. Hopefully they’ll understand, and if they don’t, that’s their fault. I’m sure you’re great and deserve to have good supportive people in your life. Stay strong!

Hi friend,
this sounds like a rough situation. I’m really sorry you’re going through this. I would encourage you to talk to them and try to tell them how you feel. Maybe they just don’t understand how streaming makes you feel and that’s okay. Maybe you could set aside a time or day that you can hang out with them. If you really are passionate about streaming, then I encourage you to keep up at it! I admire your passion for it! If your friends don’t agree with you streaming, I would either try talking to them or getting a break from them. If streaming is really good for your mental health, and it makes you happy, then do it. All I can suggest is to not let it consume you. Maybe being in this community can give you both friends online and friends IRL? maybe you can find someone who enjoys your stream or you enjoy there’s and you guys can hang out? Just keep trying your best friend. We love you and believe in you.
Stay Strong

I Had the same situation! I also went over this on my own stream today!

You can see it here!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/391384713

1 Like