Struggeling with ketamine addiction

Hi there,

i am new to Heartsupport. Heard about them through AILD (great band btw)

i need help.

i was a ketamine user for the past 5 years.
however i passed out about 6 months ago due to mix with alcohol, and my mom found me uncounscious and called paramedics.

thats how she found out.

i promised to stop using ketamine.
(i particulary used it 2 / 3 times a week AT HOME when listening to music, floating away in the music, wile chilling in my hammock in the sun. it gave me an awesome , unstressfull feeling, made me feel one with myself and god)

she encouraged me to meet more friends and go out more.
but all we do with my friends is going out and drinking… IN FACT i feel worse after drinking alcohol, then ketamine (no hangover at all), the cost of buying ketamine is in fact cheaper then drinks, and ketamine not gives me a beer belly also.

so summary: yes alcohol is a more social drug, but it’s still a drug to me. all my friends drink alcohol and not drinking it makes me not comfortable with them. and if i do the maths, i’m more happy with my ketamine habbits then the beer habbits.

all this makes it ever MORE DIFFICULT not to touch ketamine again (been 6 months now, but i still think about it every day. i have to stop myself calling my dealer every time, and i feel like this will go on all my life)

the fact that ketamine doesn’t seem to harm me, but alcohol does,
doesn’t help me at all !

i’m desperate.

thanks

1 Like

Hey, @underoath777. Any chance you can ask your mom for help? If you want to beat this addiction, your best bet would be to go to see a counselor that specializes in helping people with addictions, and it would help if you had the support of your family. While you’re going through withdrawal of an addiction, it’s important to not use anything else that can be considered addictive, like alcohol or other drugs. It would be easy to transfer it from one addiction right to another, and it’s important to also get the tools that will help you for the rest of your life from the professionals who know how to deal with it.

If you’re uncomfortable with your friends because of them drinking alcohol while you’re not, it might be best to find a friend or two who can be supportive of you. If they’re judging you for keeping away from it and keep drinking in front of you, then they don’t understand what you’re going through and they definitely aren’t being supportive of you, and they won’t help you to fight this fight.

You need to find someone who is on your side, but is also right by your side. I’m glad you came here and asked for help. You will get support from people on here, and I hope you continue to keep coming back, but you also need someone who is right in front of you who will hold you accountable for your actions and try to help you fight your addiction.

Honestly, I don’t have a lot of experience with addiction, so hopefully someone else has some good advice for you. I’ve never been an addict of anything, unless you count books and crocheting and painting. I purposely stayed away from drugs because I knew it would be easy for me to get addicted and become out of control. It was a decision I made at a young age. Alcohol is not a problem for me as I dislike most alcohols.

I hope you can find the help you need.

~Daisy :heart:

1 Like

thanks but my mom cannot help. i am alone all the time, and the urge or need to think about escape from reality into this ketamine bliss is so big.
i really can’t think about anything else i’d rather do…

Hey I know what it’s like to feel trapped in a substance. I was wrapped up in cocain for almost 3 years. I never liked Ketamine, however it is being used right now in treating depression. I think the reason you enjoy it rather than alcohol is because it is “benefiting” you, just not in a healthy way.
I’ve been in therapy and on psychotropic medicine. I can’t say anything works wonders, but its best to be safe and legal. Have you considered at least therapy? Not necessarily rehab