Struggles

I’ve been having some struggles in my mental health it seems like.

4 Likes

Hi katelynn, welcome to heart support, if you’d like you can share what’s going on. Sorry that you’ve been struggling

3 Likes

Hi Katelynn,
welcome to Heart Support, thank you a lot for sharing.
would you like to share a bit more what are your struggles at the moment ?
what brought you here ?
i hope you are aware of that, aware of your triggers a bit. come back here and share if you like. anytime.
you matter ! not only to us, to me and the people that love you. you are worth of all the good things in life.
you are loved. feel hugged my friend :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hey there @Katelynn, how are you feeling today?

You’re loved. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

I’m feeling kinda down, and stressed.

1 Like

@ManekiNeko, I’ve dealt with a lot of crying. Sometimes I would cry if I get really emotional and stressed.

[quote=“ManekiNeko, post:2, topic:35668, full:true”]
Hi katelynn, welcome to heart support, if you’d like you can share what’s going on. Sorry that you’ve been struggling

2 Likes

I’m feeling kinda down, and stressed.

I’m sorry that things have been hard for you lately. Is there something in particular that is causing you this stress?

Side note: is there something you could plan on doing today to take care of yourself? Even just one little thing can make a big difference sometimes. You deserve all the love and care, including the one you can offer yourself. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Crying is a good outlet when things get overwhelming. It’s okay to cry and it’s okay to have those emotions! You’re not alone x

I’m planning on sleeping (nap). I love sleeping. And there’s a lot of things that helps me.

My cousin did something to me that really terrified me. And I need someone to talk to about it. I’ve also talked to my school counselor and church counselor, but it’s just not enough. Can you help me, please?

I want to at least try to open up about it more.

I don’t know what to do anymore.

You are always welcome to share here whenever you feel comfortable to!

1 Like

I don’t want to cut myself again, but when I scratched myself by accident, it triggered me to want to cut myself again.

3 Likes

Would putting a bandaid on it help? Or wearing long sleeves? I also think you can trust yourself, as long as you don’t let the impulse scare you into losing confidence.

3 Likes

Hi Katelynn!
Rarely, if ever, is progress linear. If progress was graphed, the trend would be towards your goal, but there will be ups and downs on the way. What I mean is that regression is natural, and part of your path towards your goal. Maybe today is one of those down days and it’s good that you recognize that. That’s how improvement continues. If it’s already happened then forgive yourself, because it’s in the past, and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it now. No point in making yourself feel worse for something you can’t change the outcome of at your current moment. However, with that forgiveness for yourself today should come the conviction that you will succeed tomorrow.
“The most important thing is an unbreakable heart” -DRX Deft
-Gremlin

6 Likes

There are different methods people use when those urges rise.
I know some people use urge surfing -
Here is a great link to explain it

Some people may find other forms of distraction helpful-
Here is another link that has some great suggestions

Hopefully you find those helpful

4 Likes

Hi there @Katelynn,

Thank you for sharing with us. I’d like to preface this post by noting that I’m going to be responding to your initial post in this thread, along with some of your messages in Discord and in other topics on the forum.

Firstly, urges to self-harm stink and can cause a lot of internal concern. Not only is the urge tough by its very nature, but this also can lead to further worries around not being able to cope or forming a negative habit, and these thoughts can quickly spiral into despair. @supportgremlin is completely right in saying that you can’t change the past, but can only look to the future. Prior self-harm isn’t a failure; it’s a speedbump in the highway of life.

This brings me to my next point: Please remember that it’s okay not to be okay (as cliche as this may be). One thing that I’ve noticed in some of your messages is that you appear to be worried about negative emotions, to a point that this concern may be even more painful than the initial emotion (correct me and/or disregard this part of my response if I’m incorrect here), and this makes a lot of sense – emotions can be concerning! With that said, try to keep in mind that no emotion should last forever; emotions can leave as quickly as they come, often without a clear cause.

With that said, please don’t take this to mean that you should disregard emotions or not get support for them! Quite the opposite, in fact. When you are traveling down a bumpy road, we’re here to help patch up those potholes and appreciate your trust in allowing us to do that. And, with professional counseling (which it sounds like you’re looking into), you may even invent a new hover-car that is affected by even fewer of these challenges. This is all to say that emotions generally are okay (when not distressing) and shouldn’t be a cause for concern; they’re just part of being human.

I know you have a math exam tomorrow, so I’m wishing you the best of luck on that, Kate. I know you’ve been studying hard and I have faith in your abilities to handle the exam. Please feel free to keep us updated if you have any thoughts after the exam or in the upcoming days/weeks/months.

<3 Tuna

5 Likes

Thanks for helping me.:green_heart:

You’re a good friend!

2 Likes

You’re very right. Thanks for helping out.:pray:t2::green_heart:

1 Like

I try not to think about sad stuff, but it really seems to bother me still. I’ve had a lot of stuff going through my mind lately.

6 Likes