Struggling A Bit

I’m New Here To Heart Support. I’m Struggling A Lot With Loneliness. About 3 Years Ago I Was Diagnosed With Bipolar Disorder. I’ve Been Able To Manage The Bipolar Pretty Decently But The Loneliness Is Killing Me. I See So Many People Talk About Their Latest Sexual Exploits And It Gets Me Down. I Feel Like I’m Never Going To Meet Anyone. Any Tips To Overcome This Issue?

1 Like

Hey Night_King_19,

First I want to say welcome to Heart Support. I’m so glad that you found us, and I’m glad, and proud of you that you had the courage to reach out, and talk about what you are going through! I want you to know that you are loved, your life matters, and you deserve love and support! We will be here to walk along side you and help in any way that we can! Don’t give up friend!

Loneliness is something that I’ve struggled with for several years, especially when it comes to isolating, and then feeling alone. The worse thing that you can do when you are struggling is be alone. So I encourage you to do a few things, first being continue to reach out! Your first step of stepping out of this loneliness and isolation is reaching out, and continuing to reach out.

Next would be to find something to do outside of your house. Whether it be getting involved in a group or a club, or finding something to go do one night a week maybe going to a park, or going to the lake and just sitting and enjoying nature. Unfortunately if we continue to lock ourselves in our room or in our house we will continue to be lonely. You need to get out, and try to meet people cause more than likely people aren’t going to come to you!

As far as people talking about the people they are sleeping with/with, don’t beat yourself up. You will find your person, or they will find you! But don’t be looking. Work on yourself for right now. Work to make yourself a person that someone would want to spend the rest of their life with. I know this isn’t easy but avoid comparing yourself to other people!

Remember that you are loved, and your story matters! Don’t give up!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

Thank You. It’s Always Been Difficult For Me Comparing Myself To Others. I Know I Should Only Be Fixing Myself. It Does Get Crazy Sometimes.

I have a hard time with this too. I think a lot of us do. Comparing ourselves to others is probably one of the easiest things we can let ourselves fall into. And one of the biggest things we have to try to learn not to do. So I can relate to that!

I also struggle with BPD. And after losing my insurance I am no longer receiving treatment. So it’s a day to day fight trying to face the symptoms of the disorder and not let it defeat me. It can be a very lonely and isolating feeling. So I can relate to that as well.

I don’t have all of the answers as I’m trying to also figure these things out, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone. I see you. I hear you. And I care. One day at a time.

Making friends or romantic relationships can be hard. I try to make myself get out and do things. But it’s not always easy throwing ourselves into strange new places with strange new people.

• Kitty