Struggling with anxiety

Struggling with anxiety currently and the thoughts that comes with it. Believing lot of those thoughts that I’m worthless, I’m no good, that I I don’t have the strength to overcome obstacles, not liking myself. I’m sure there’s other thoughts I’m believing that I’m not recognizing at the moment. It’s creating a depression and a fear of that this funk won’t go away.

1 Like

Hey @Mrsyn,

Firstly, I just want to thank you for being open and for sharing with this community. I know its hard to talk about these things and its hard to be vulnerable.

I also struggle with living with anxiety and depression. I know what its like to live with, and believe, those thoughts. Its still hard for me to fight them and not to believe them. Something that helps me is sharing these thoughts with people that I trust and that I know care and love me. Its easy to believe those thoughts if you’re the only who is trying to fight them off, but if you share that with someone else they can help speak against those thoughts. Because they are untrue thoughts. You have worth and value. You’re alive and you’re an amazing person. You are wonderful and deserving of love from others, you are also deserving of love from yourself. Its hard to tell those things to yourself, its hard to believe goos things when they’re only coming from your own inner voice, but its easier and more encouraging when it comes from someone who you trust and love and who values you.

I would also encourage you to possible seek out therapy/counseling. While it is helpful to confide in friends and receive support from loved ones, they are not professionals. Therapy would be able to give you good coping mechanisms to fight those and hopefully to overcome them. I know that it has helped me a lot. I feel more capable of dealing with my own anxiety, depression, and negative thoughts. I think that it could be really helpful for you.

I hope this helped.
Hold Fast.

Hannah Presley

1 Like

Hi, thank you for sharing.

I know that you are scared, you’re depressed and anxious. You might even be feeling hopeless or weak. But just know that these feelings do not define you and they are trying to convince you of lies, and it’s your job not to believe them.

You are not worthless.
You are not unlikable.
You are not weak.
You are strong, loved, worthy, and our friend.
You matter.

Hang in there friend,
Jaden

1 Like

Hey friend.

Thank you so much for sharing with us. That shows a lot of strength and courage.
First, I understand what anxiety and fear can do to you, I do. I struggled with “the funk” for years during college and the first few years of my marriage. It’s real and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Second, there is hope. I know you probably hear that every time you open up to someone about your anxiety, but I promise you that there is hope. I have experienced it myself. I found hope in the worship of my God. I also found it in simply getting outside and finding a hobby.

So don’t lose hope, friend. Its there, i promise.

We love you and you will always have a place here with us.

Sam S.

1 Like

@Mrsyn

Anxiety is not your guide. Your guide is the truth. The truth is that you are loved, your life matters, you are a strong person, beautiful, and you are amazing. Thank you for sharing. This community loves you.