Struggling with grief tonight

Really struggling tonight . A friend of mine lost their life to suicide a week ago. I am at a loss of words . I feel angry and sad . I don’t understand why it happened. This friend use to help me with my mental health and why didn’t I help her as much as I did to her . I love so many people recently to suicide and I just don’t understand why

5 Likes

It’s not your fault. They decided to do the deed. The loss of friends can take a heavy toll on the heart.

I feel so alone and can’t wrap my mind around it .

1 Like

You are not alone. You are NEVER alone

It ok .prepare for darkness while traveling in sunlight.

1 Like

@Carseaj

Dear Friend, I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend, there is nothing that can prepare a person for this kind of loss in life and no rule book that tell you how to react to it, you are likely to experience every emotion out there on different days including this awful feeling of guilt but you need to try to remember that these thoughts are just that, they are thoughts - bad negative thoughts, not based in fact. As @Slayer5639 said as hard as it is to accept, your friend made that choice and it was not because of you and you could not have prevented it so you have nothing to feel guilty about and I can most certainly assure you that your friend would not want you to feel that guilt either.
I wish we had the answer as to why you have lost so many to suicide, to guess maybe its lack of support even though its better I think than its ever been, it still isnt good enough, The world still needs to do more to help people struggling certainly before they reach crisis, Its not on you its on everyone to do more. Right now friend you need to focus on your own health, grieving for your friend and being kind to yourself. time will heal but it does indeed take some time. I wish you well and we are here whenever you need us. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers. x

3 Likes

I just really want my friend back

3 Likes

Hey Carseaj, I’m so sorry to hear about this.

I just want to reflect the support these great people have already shown you. I’m really glad you came here to share this. I know how hard it is to lose someone you really care about, it’s a truly awful thing to go through. Nothing I say can make the pain go away, but in the hardest times we can find strength together. In that way I hope we can help you through this.

Please keep sharing how you’re feeling, when the time feels right for you. We’ll be here to listen. You are so loved. I hope you’re doing okay today. :heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.