Struggling With Guilt

I’m having a really rough time. I don’t know what to do. My stupid thoughts of my past and guilt keep bringing me down. I don’t know what to do. I’m trying the best I can but it doesn’t seem like it’s enough.

5 Likes

Hi JourdB,

You shouldn’t feel guilty for what the people around you have done to you, it isn’t your fault. It can be really hard to stop thinking about what you’ve felt in the past but it shouldn’t affect your current life. It can be a huge challenge preventing it from doing so, but you can do it. I believe in you and I hope that your worries fade away soon :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hey, JourdB! I’m sorry you are struggling with your past so much but you have nothing to feel guilty about. You are not responsible for things other people did to you or for keeping yourself safe. I know it can be hard sometimes but you are a strong person who has overcome so much and gotten yourself away from a toxic environment.

How have things been going in Colorado with your boyfriend and his family? Do you still feel supported by them? Do you feel like you could talk to your boyfriend about how you’ve been feeling lately?

I hope you can give yourself some leniency in how you view the past and keep a positive outlook for what your future can be. Good luck and keep your eyes on the horizon :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Things have been going really good with my boyfriend and his family. This has been a big change for him too so he’s working on his depression just like I am. We’ve been trying to support each other the best we can. His family has accepted me in which has been a big help.

2 Likes

Hey Friend, Its can be so hard sometimes when your past keeps coming back at you and kicking you. It can really make you feel unwell cant it, When it happens to me I try to talk to some one about it and just try to get it out, its great that you are settled now with your boyfriend and things are going so well, you have eachother to rely on so use that, lean on oneanother in those moments, talk to eachother, share you thoughts and fears. That is what relationships are all about, it will help you to feel so much better. I hope this rough patch will soon pass and life will settle down again and you can move forward. I wish you well. Please remember we are always here for you. Much Love Lisa x

1 Like

Hey again, friend! Thank you for following up from yesterday. It’s always nice :hrtlegolove:

That’s great that things have been going well with them and that his family has been so supportive of you. I’m glad you are your boyfriend are there to support each other through your various struggles. It sounds like it would be really nice to have that kind of relationship with someone who can kind of understand what you are going through from their own perspective. I’m so glad you two have each other.

I hope you can continue to focus on healing and on your new life rather than dwelling on a past that cannot be changed. You are doing great. Keep it up :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

hi jourdb,

i’m so sorry that your past and the guilt you feel is taking up your thoughts. it’s always a vicious cycle to try to escape these thoughts but something always pulls you back in to bring you down with any reminder of past actions and guilt. i’m happy to hear that you and your boyfriend can support one another through depression and i hope you can lean on him and his side of the family for any support through these negative thoughts you’re facing. the biggest piece of advice i can give for struggles like this - because trust me, i’ve been in your shoes - is to reflect on how the past is in the past and the current version of you has learned not to make those same mistakes or actions like in the past. you’ve grown and will continue to grow in order to be better with every passing day, further removing yourself from identifying with the past. you’re doing your absolute best in your perseverance and i hope that you can continue to walk forward to a better tomorrow. i believe in you to rise above this tough time, to rise above your guilt and past. you GOT this, my friend!

love,
twix

Hey JourdB. Thoughts can be your worst enemy. Which is annoying, being that you kind of need thoughts to live. I am a pro at second guessing myself, over-thinking past actions, and analyzing my words & actions to no end. Though I may not know your situation, I am happy that you have been accepted by your boyfriend’s family. Take the wins, and work through the tough thoughts. You’re loved, and your endurance through the hard times isn’t wasted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.