Struggling with loneliness and emptiness

I feel like my life is sort of the same, as always. It’s a pattern of events and it is incredibly lonely at the same time. I love my online friends and wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world but I just feel so lonely. It’s hard to find someone to relate to and it’s hard to find someone who isn’t busy all the time that cares. I’m under 18, but close to being 18. I look harsh on the outside but I like to think I’m a funny witty and deep person but it’s hard finding someone close to my age like me.
Heck, I’d even just try to meet another gay person. (Little known fact, yes I’m gay) What it comes down to is im just really lonely and without someone to relate to. I’m from a small town in Massachusetts (still has over 80k people tho) and it sucks not finding someone who can relate and someone I can build a personal friendship with and grow with. I’m super lonely, advice, happy thoughts, and prayers would be appreciated. I just buried my grandmother recently and I’m sort of running on emotionally on empty at this point.

Hey friend,

First off I am deeply sorry for your loss, my condolences go to you and your family. I know how hard that must be.

Friend, man I get this feeling so so much. I have been feeling quite lonely for a bit- but that period of time has passed for now it seems for me.

I totally get how it just feels like a cycle over and over. I get it. Man it sucks.

I know how it feels to not have anyone to relate to in person- like yeah I have a ton of awesome best friends I’ve met online- but not anyone who actually lives in my area. It’s rough.

Friend, I want you to know you are not alone and this too shall pass.

You are important and valued and I am glad to call you a friend.

We love you, we are here no matter what.

Hold fast.

With love,
Lyss (ur old pal Blurryface)

2 Likes

hi @StHaTaDi-Ethan,

Im so sorry for your loss:( I hope you and your family are doing okay!
I hear you and get what you’re going through completely. Im so sorry you’re going through this and hope that things get better for you soon.
I totally get you when you say that even though you have support and friends online, its so hard to feel complete because it feels like theres something missing. You wish that you had someone right there to talk to you and be there for you at all times. It may not seem like it now, but you will find that person as well as having friends online/this community on your side, and ready to be here for you whenever you need us:)
I cant say much because I’m also going through this feeling of loneliness, but I can tell you that the best thing you can do is try your best. I know its hard and easier said than done, but I encourage you to put yourself out there! find something your passionate in and make something out of it. go on an adventure (even if it is by yourself) and maybe you’ll meet someone! I know that there is always this feeling of doubt, but it doesn’t hurt to try.
I believe in you and know that you can get through this. You’re going through a rough time, but please don’t quit.

2 Likes

hey ,

I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. 18 is a tricky age. I graduated high school when I was 18 and I left my friends cause we had a falling out and it was hard at first but when I started college I met so many people. also joining a club can help too. I write concert/music reviews so I go to a lot of concerts and met a lot of people that way as well. my best advice is just trying to find something you love doing and throwing yourself into it. I hope you are able to get passed this feeling.

nothing but positive vibes

alyssa

2 Likes

Hey Ethan. I’m sorry for your loss. I hope you don’t let this bring you down from the high road you’ve been on for a while now. I know what it’s like to feel alone with your sexuality. All I want is to meet a girl I can love and trust but it’s impossible to find anyone who isn’t straight around here. You’re not alone. You never will be.

Hold fast
Kayla

2 Likes

Hey @StHaTaDi-Ethan,

Thank you for sharing with us. I’m so sorry to hear about your struggle with loneliness and emptiness. Online friends are great to have, but there is something special with face-to-face communication. Have you tried getting involved in the local community (via volunteering, a church organization, etc)? This way, it’ll help you meet new people and build a solid foundation in friendships. In the meantime, know that you’ll always have us! Please continue to update us. :slight_smile:

-Eric

1 Like