Stuck and Depressed

I lost my dad to suicide when I was 19 years old. He was bipolar and had severe depression. I’m 24 now and ever since he died I can never get back to a normal mindset. I’ve been on and off medication and seeing a counselor. I went back to church after running away and being mad at God for 3 years. I tried reading depression Bible plans but nothing really worked. Lately my dreams have been nightmares of my dad’s suicide and my mind has been thinking terrible things as if it was someone else’s mind. Like how much medication can I take to hurt myself or kill myself because I don’t want to live anymore. I want this mindset to end. Has anyone else ever felt this way? I would like advice or prayers to recover. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

6 Likes

@VonKitty

I prayed for you.

3 Likes

Hi Vonkitty,
I’m so sad to hear about your dad committing suicide. One of the things that helps is when people care enough about you to learn who you are and listen to how you feel. Do you have a support network? I would like to be part of your support network and get to know the person you are and learn about the virtues that guide your life.

3 Likes

Hi Vonkitty,

Here is my response to your post. Hold Fast friend!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.