Stuck in this pit

I have struggled with depression for 16 years. Since this pandemic I’ve gone off the deep end. I’m waiting for medication changes to help and feel so stuck. I’m a stay at home mom to a 6 year old and it’s excruciating just to function. Every day I want to give up but that’s not an option. God feel so far away. I see a counselor I have a psychiatrist but it’s not enough, I’m just stuck in this pit and there doesn’t feel like a way out.

3 Likes

Hey @J_D. I’m sorry you’re suffering so much. We are all suffering with you during this pandemic. You aren’t alone. How some people are acting is just… nuts. And the life changes we have had to make is hard to deal with. Since there was no notice, so many people had to just stop their lives as they were and find a new normal.

I’m glad to see you’re taking steps to help yourself feel better. I know you’re hurting and sad right now but the -good- thing about life is… It can change for the better in the blink of an eye. I’m sure there’s better days coming if you just keep going and keep doing what you’re doing. I’m sure you know this, but I want to say it anyway… It can take a while to find a medication that works and it takes time for a psychiatrist or counselor to help work through things. Don’t give up. If you need to, remind yourself how much you’re needed. You’re kid wants you to stick around forever. You’re important. You matter.

1 Like

Hey, J_D. I’m proud of you. It’s hard living with depression, even without the forced isolation brought on by this pandemic, and with a little one depending on you, as well!

It may hurt like hell, but this statement implies you are functioning to some extent. That is an accomplishment! Facing the pain and moving forward… Doing what needs to be done… Taking care of your family… Not giving up… I find your tenacity to be so admirable!

I feel like crying for you because I’m familiar with that crushing weight that comes with depression, so all I can tell you is what I tell myself when I feel like giving up: “This too shall pass. It doesn’t feel like it right now, but history shows it to be true. There will be laughter again. There will be light and happiness again.”

Congratulate yourself for the smallest of victories because while struggling through the deepest pit of depression, the simple act of opening your eyes in the morning is a MASSIVE victory. May each of those little victories can lead you to the next, until some day you find that light at the end of the tunnel. :heart: