Suffocating boredom

Hey. Hey.
It’s been a while.
I’ll just get straight to the point; I’m bored. So incredibly bored. Nothing brings me joy and my motivation to do something is below zero. I’ve been stuck doing the same thing over and over again. I sit in my room and wait for the day to end, so another day can start, where I wait. I don’t know what to do. You can’t exactly do anything around here either, sure, I can go on walks but that’s honestly it.
I love drawing and I do it a lot, but lately, every time I pick up my pencil, I just wanna put it down again. I don’t know what to do or where to with myself.

3 Likes

Can you draw your boredom? Understanding your enemy is the first step to defeating him.

I cannot draw anything except most primitive lines and today i want to draw my battered soul in a hug of silent darkness. I don’t know will it help or make things worse, but a try is a try…

You always have to try.

1 Like

Pure boredom can be really tough. You can try reading. Fiction, non-fiction - paper, digital, or audio - it doesn’t matter! And libraries are a great resource to not have to spend money for this great hobby.

2 Likes

Can you ask your friends to make you a present? :slight_smile: Just ask them to go out with you and do something that you never do (let it be a surprise). I mean something legal, of course.

If you’re bored, then can you just need something new. It’s very hard to motivate yourself to do something new because you’re bored and it’s a neverending cycle.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.