Sunfyre TV Fan #6

how do you cope with anxiety, i go to work every day and dealing with anxiety, sometimmes it gets bad and so much pressure in my chest

5 Likes

Oh man, I can relate so much to this one…

It’s like you show up, and you know beyond the shadow of a doubt, that at some point you’re going to eff things up…someone’s going to ask you to do something that you just can’t…you’re going to be too slow at something…you’re not going to get it right…people are going to notice, and you’re going to embarrass yourself publicly…it’s literally like minesweep, it’s just a matter of time before you step on one, and when you do, it’s going to be catastrophic.

I feel that many days when I go to work too. You are not alone in that anxiety.

And, one of the things that I’ve often reflected on is that most of the anxiety that I experience is of circumstances that rarely ever happen…and even if they do, they’re rarely as bad as I think they will be.

I don’t really know how to convert this into an anti-anxiety tool, but I just wanted to remind us both, that likely today, or tomorrow, will not be as bad as we think it will be :slight_smile:

Hold Fast, friend.

-Nate

1 Like

I can relate to that so much. Feeling all that pressure often times, for me, builds into a panic attack where I can’t breathe. In those times, focusing on my breathing by breathing in for a few seconds, holding for about 5 seconds, then exhaling slowly for a few moments helps a great deal to calm. When that doesn’t work, sharing about what is on my mind and causing these emotions help a lot too. I am so sorry you are experiencing this. At work, taking a break may help in those moments.

1 Like

We opened and responded to your post on stream tonight. Thank you so much for opening up. Sorry I ramble on so much XD just know that you are so strong and we want all the best for you <3 Here is a link to the stream response:

1 Like