Take time

Why does it take time, and why do I feel wrong. I wish I could feel right, I wish could move on.

6 Likes

Hey, I don’t know what you went through to post this, but I’m glad you did. You’re not the only person who is wondering and sometimes even wishing why things can’t just be okay and feel right in just one moment. To get used to a new normal, often takes time. It took time to get used to the old normal. Whether that is a series of bad habits, or a wonderful relationship you had with someone. It took time to build those things. Just as it took time to build that, it also takes time to get used to a life without it. When it comes to a relationship ending, it means that you need time and grace to get used to that person no longer being around. And yes, that can suck, but it is something that you will learn to live with.
When it comes to getting rid of bad habits, that also takes time. It took a long time for the habits to get to the point they are now. Building newer, healthier habits, takes time too. But the great thing about both is that there are people here who are going through a similar struggle and they are willing to cheer you on when you celebrate your wins, and willing to listen when you need it. I’m glad you reached out here and hope you will feel welcome to share with us more often :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Just kinda how I’ve felt my whole adult life so far.

1 Like

How’re you feeling today?

2 Likes

Feeling better today.

2 Likes

Hi friend,
thank you for sharing.
thank you for coming back to us. it feels good to know that you are better today. you deserve that my friend.
we all have ups and downs, life is unfair to all of us. what keeps us all in together here, are we.
you matter most. you all out there.
what made you feel better today ? is there something that you did ?
keep these things in mind, remind yourself of what is good for you. we all learn through our lives what is good for
us, what makes us feel better. one step a time, that is all you need to do.
you are loved, you are worth of so much beauty in your life. :purple_heart: feel hugged

2 Likes

I just played a video game so it was just standard distraction from my thoughts.

2 Likes

Hey, lonelyfreak :hrtlegolove: I’m glad that you are feeling a bit better today and were able to enjoy playing a game. Was it a new game or an old favourite?

2 Likes

I have definitely felt this on an astronomical level.

Honestly? I think a lot of it goes into how our mind processes things, and how we have processed things in the past as well. A lot of how we handle things goes into how our brain has handled things in the past, and how we can really cope with going forward.

If you feel inclined to share more, maybe we could find some coping skills to help? I’d like to help if I can. I definitely understand even finding distractions to help.

2 Likes

healing can feel like a long road. Some days everything just comes back up and memories start to hit you so hard, but it’s good that you’re having a better day. Take those good days and hold on to them and remember that even when those bad days hit, the good days will always come back around. Surround yourself with people who care about you and lean into them.

2 Likes

Hi Friend, I’m glad you’re feeling better. I use video games too for a distraction. What do you play? ~Mystrose

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that you are feeling better today and that you take time to do things that you enjoy. I wish you well my friend.

3 Likes

hi lonelyfreak,

so happy to hear you’re feeling better today and had a chance to decompress with video games. there’s nothing harmful about distracting yourself from negative thoughts in moderation. i hope as time goes on, you can find peace and comfort. while some things take time like moving on from situations like you shared in your original posts, talking through your feelings, writing out your thoughts, and maintaining proper self-care will all be solid answers to getting to a brighter tomorrow. sending you so much strength, love, and comfort as you continue on and experiencing the many joys life can offer us.

love,
twix

2 Likes

It was a new game well at least for me it was new it was Metroid prime remastered.

1 Like

What did you have in mind?

1 Like

Ehh kinda hard for me to surround myself with people.

1 Like

I mostly play rpg’s and jrpgs

2 Likes