Talking about me being trummatized from my childhood

Sorry I’ve posted so much this will be my last post but when I say I was about a kid my dad had this weird way of teaching me how to swim (I was about 3-5) he would shove my head underwater until I couldn’t breath and was drowning then bring me up repeat it trummaitzed me and I keep getting memories from it

2 Likes

That sounds rough, I’m sorry that happened. The only advice I can give is just remember that these are memories and that they can’t hurt you again. Sending love and support your way.

1 Like

Hey @Jay,

Please don’t be sorry for sharing about those things. It’s totally okay to express yourself.

I’m so sorry that happened to you, friend. This is incredibly brutal and your dad should have never done that. You didn’t deserve to be treated in such a violent way.

I’ve seen through your other posts that you’ve been reaching out a little more lately, also that you’re receiving some professional support, which is truly awesome. Those are heavy memories to process and to learn to live with, but you’re doing the right thing by seeking connection in safe places. You will find the peace you deserve, at your own pace. In the meantime, it’s okay to let it out whenever you need it.

I’m sending hugs your way. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.