TaylorPalmby Fan #6

I’m struggling at work in a situation I don’t feel I can change. I was to succeed in life, but I’m concerned I cannot.

1 Like

I don’t know the details of this, but I pray you have wisdom and just know you are not a failure!!

I’ve been in a situation similar to that where my work felt so draining and like it would never get better. It starts to deep into everything and make you feel like there is nothing you can do and it won’t get better. Something that helped me was trying to work toward my own solution, which for me ended up trying to apply to different jobs. But maybe you could try that or could talk to your boss. Also remember your work does not define you and you have agency to create change!

1 Like

Hey friend. Sorry to hear you’re feeling this right now. I know what it’s like to feel stuck or have tremendous feelings of doubt about your direction or choices. Heck, right now at 49 I’m still trying to figure out if I’m on the right direction because life threw a curve ball in the recent years which stepped on my career definition of myself. I found a TedTalk that was very powerful about not defining ourselves by one definition of success. That we have many facets to ourselves (usually, there are some people who know what they want to be from day one, nice for them). I’ll try to post the link here. It might help you like it helped me.

2 Likes

Hey friend, I hear your struggle. Please know that you are not alone in this. You are loved.

Matt from TwoGuys1Couch

2 Likes