The feeling of being alone, even when I'm surrounded by friends

This is really my first time ever being on HS or even posting on here, but I feel like this is the healthiest place I can share this without worrying about hurting my friends. I’m not really good about talking about this stuff since I normally just keep it to myself, so I’ll try my best to explain.

A few months ago I was finally able to beat a 3 year battle with self-hate issue, which I am truly grateful for everyone that has helped me through that. The issue I’ve started developing that is seemingly taking its place though is the sense of loneliness. As more time passes hanging with friends, I become more and more distant from them. I don’t know why or how to stop this feeling from growing, and frankly, I’m terrified that it may lead me back to the very depression I was able to escape from. I know that depression will never leave, but I want to keep it as minimal as possible. The last thing I want is to push away all my friends because I think I can handle it alone. I really hate being alone, especially when I’m like this, but I don’t know what else to do other than cut people out to deal with it. I’ve never felt this alone while all my friends are standing by my side offering to help, while I just tell them I’m ok. I want to stop that and let them in.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope anyone else that’s struggling with this can get help as well. Hopefully, you guy’s can help me cope with it and make sure I don’t become fully isolated.

2 Likes

Stay transparent and open with someone, a friend that you feel closest too. Sending you love, you’re not alone at all in this feeling.

1 Like

I’ll try. I’ve got a few friends that come to mind that I still haven’t shared this with, who may be able to help out. I’ll keep this in mind. Thank you for the help, it means a lot!

Hey there, friend. We responded to your question live on air, during stream
Here is that response: https://youtu.be/_L8Dlo7KP7M

2 Likes

I really have to echo the above post, that staying open with someone will be a help. It may not always feel like it, but having someone that can keep you connected and in orbit is such a great thing. It’s one of the things that I work on all the time when I start sinking into a void.

1 Like

Sometimes the best thing is to just open up. Sounds easy on paper I know. But what you got to loose if they are your friends they wont judge you for opening up, who knows maybe they feel the same. Sometimes opening up about the emptiness to your friends may help. I hate when people say “are you ok” but sometimes I’ll say no and try to say how I feel. Hope it helps

1 Like

It does help a lot, all of the comments have so far. My night has gotten a lot better thanks to you and the people before. I still have a lot to work on, and I know its not gonna be an easy battle. Knowing now that I have people like you guys helping me out, I have a feeling that I can finally defeat the bad feelings.

Thanks again for reaching out!

I honestly didn’t expect this kind of support at all tonight… Thank you so much for all the help and taking the time out of your day to help me. This really helps out a lot and I can’t say how grateful I am for all this. I can’t thank any of you guys enough.