The first time I'm experiencing Depression

Well, here I am. Just bought a copy of “Dwarf Planet” and began working with it right away. And it finally encouraged me to share here what I’ve been going through for the past two weeks. And though that’s not a long time, I think I should at least try to open up about it.
First, my mood just started to drop, not worse than the usual ups and downs everyone experiences from time to time. But the days passed by and it’s been getting worse. Slowly I began having problems to get out of bed in the morning - despite loving the work I do for a living (and once I’m there it always distracts me from the negative thoughts that run through my head when I’m alone).
Right now I’m just feeling empty and kind of like I’m drowning, not knowing when I’ll reach the surface again. I also can’t eat as much as I usually do, because most of the times I’m feeling a bit sick afterwards. I’ve even been spending less time with my friends, which just adds to this feeling of being hollow and I know that I should tell them about this, but I thought I’d share this here first, where people can relate to what I’m going through right now and where I can be sure not to be judged. As with some of my friends I’m not so sure.

Anyways, thanks for letting me share.

2 Likes

@PaintingShadows

Hello. Nice to meet you. You’re welcome. Thank you for sharing. You have the right to vent. Depression is a punk! It just doesn’t stop. It comes and goes every now and then. You can figure out of how to fight it or ask for help. Doing things can make you feel better. Just take it one at a time. Don’t see it as a cure. Depression is something we have to fight with it for the rest of our lives. We just got to keep fighting. You’re a fighter. You are not alone. This community is here with you and for you. God bless you.