The-loss-of-a-parent-who-is-still-here-in-body-but

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/36544
The loss of a parent who is still here in body but not in mind .

3 Likes

I imagine that would be so hard. I haven’t had anyone I love in that place yet, but my heart goes out to you. I’d like to think they still know love, and your love is so special x

1 Like

@darlarae78 haven’t lost a parent this way but multiple family members with more on the way, sending all the love your way

1 Like

It is so hard to grieve the loss of a parent who is there physically but not present rationally/emotionally. It is as if there was a veil in front of their eyes that prevent us to SEE us, just as we are, with this huge amount of love and care we’re willing to give. You are navigating the waves of an incredibly heavy type of loss, and I’m proud of you for sharing about it here. I don’t know if you have people supporting you in your life or standing by your side, but rest assured that you have friends right here and right now.

I personally believe that even if someone is gone, one way or another, their existence and presence remains through the love that we hold for them. Your parent keeps living through you, through the care your provide and the love you share with others. They are still present through all the tender gestures and words you share with them. They are, because you are too. Even if they may not be aware of it, we do. <3

@heartsupport we’re holding each other up .

1 Like

@telletwa always appreciated :heart:

1 Like

It’s hard to be LIVING grief. To feel like years of goodness were robbed from you. To feel like you experience their death over and over and over, like you’re being dragged through the trauma. It’s hard to wish for their death because it would be a release from their suffering and yours - and it feels like dark thoughts, to see that inside of yourself. But it also feels like so much of YOUR life is being robbed by their decline, their pain. It’s a brutal swirl of bitterness and sadness and grief and loss and trauma and depression and regret and suffering. Hard to navigate all that comes with it.