TheKatIsALie Fan #4

The political tension is difficult. I was in a group text with family / family friends and people being excited about the trump rally in Minnesota today and it just got me so … triggered? I guess? I dunno. I just feel not cared about as soon as talks about trump come up. I don’t mind the republican agenda mostly but I feel soooo downtrodden with this president and thus I feel downtrodden a bit with my family and those who they interact with in such support. I feel like they don’t support the parts that I identify as, but it hurts. My family always told me that you’re guilty by association but when I bring that up they don’t seem to get it. Just some things that I have been dealing with the last few hours.

Yeah, it’s so hard to be around people who are all rallying in support of something that you fundamentally disagree with…it’s hard to be around people all venting in this “groupthink” kind of mentality when it feels like you see right through that to the core flaws…and you feel alienated, because how do you laugh at the jokes? Join in on the common banter? It feels like it rubs completely against who you are and to participate or to even be around them feels like approving of / agreeing with their opinions, and in the end, you just can’t do it…at least joyfully…

Sucks to be in that position, friend…I literally was just talking to my grandfather as he railed against a political side, and I felt so lost in the conversation like I had no idea how to contribute…at the end of each of his statements, he looks to me in conversational back-and-forth to murmur something in reply, and I just had no idea what to say…I felt so uncomfortable not knowing how I fit in.

You’re not crazy for feeling this way. Thank you for sharing your heart :slight_smile:

Hey friend,

I totally get what you’re saying and I think Nate put it a really good way. I definitely have my opinions (usually pretty darn strong ones) on certain political stances and they don’t always align with the rest of my family. Thankfully my dad is someone I can talk to about politics and, even if he doesn’t always agree with me, he’s still willing to listen to my side and have a conversation about it. I’d encourage you to find a friend or other family member who is at least willing to listen to you or let you vent about these frustrations. (I’m also open to listen if you want to dm me here or on discord!)

hold fast

love,
sophic