Therapist Analyzes Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

His coping mechanism of choice was heroin, and then a face full of shotgun, when their band fell from #1 on the charts. Bad example.

1 Like

Cobain was a deeply troubled person who made a lot of stupid choices. In the end, fame brought him a raging heroin addiction, and when his band was no longer number one, he saw that as reason enough to shoot himself in the face with a shotgun. “Better to burn out, than to fade away.” he said in his suicide note. Immediately stopped idolizing the guy as a young impressionable person myself. I grew up with Nirvana, but doing what he did in the end was beyond comprehension, and deserves no admiration. He’s off my playlist, for life.

1 Like

Na tbf she’s not wrong about the not caring thing, kids did it back then and we still do now

1 Like

do korn insane!..

1 Like

“vulnerability is what creates connection”

Miss, you just explained the entire point of Neon Genesis Evangelion in 5 words. Oh my goodness.

1 Like

Here we are now entertain us.
Something Kurt would actually say when he and friends would show up at another friends house.
The janitor is a reference to his briefly being a janitor at the high school he attended.
Your observation reminded me of the first time I made th about the janitor coupled with what I knew really reminded me of the day I made that connection.

1 Like

Just discovered your channel. Happy to see someone try to figure out the meaning of songs and really delve into the lyrics. Really great.

1 Like

You do a great job of not interrupting the flow of the music, prepping ahead with the lyrics, and get right to the point of what you think the song means. And then applying it to life, not just a head exercise. Even if you don’t nail it “exactly” I like your commitment to the position and the passion to help people make the positive changes. Really enjoyed your SOAD reactions. You’re bound to find the Tool rabbit hole sooner or later, and your subs will skyrocket, as well as your views. Plus, your time commitment will also increase as well.

1 Like

Very interesting analysis of the song. Your analysis makes me think of what Is happening with something that I am doing and other people’s reaction.

1 Like

The janitor in the video is actually a representation of Kurt because Kurt was a janitor at the same high school that he dropped out of

1 Like

You need more grunge in your lineup.

Try Alone by Downface

Try Effervescent Smile by Send No Flowers

Some real deep cuts that should have made it bigger than they did.

1 Like

Guessing you were born in the 80’s, cause your aesthetic is grungey.

1 Like

You’re doing good at interpretation of lyrics as a cry for help or speaking truths to power. It’s not just senseless violence and devil worship as the audience parents thought.

1 Like

Great analysis of this song. This is one I’ve been trying to understand for quite some time, and you definitely made me realize some key points.
If you ever take suggestions, I recommend you to check out the band The Warning. Most of their songs have some very good analysis material so you cannot go wrong.

1 Like

I wonder how she would react to “Roots” by Sepultura

1 Like

I can’t figure out why this channel is so small… terrific content

1 Like

I think that even Kurt Cobain had an issue with vulnerability. After the band Nirvana became famous he started saying that his goal was never to attain that statut which makes me wonder why he decided to release his songs in the first place. When you release songs it’s for people to listen to them, no ? Smells like contradiction, isn’t it ?

1 Like

you know this song is named after women’s under arm deodorant…teen spirit.

1 Like

I call Cap…

1 Like

nice dance moves :P…

1 Like