Therapist and Vocalist react to One By Metallica

The video disturbed me a bit when I first heard it because it reminded me of a bad trip i had when i first tried weed and thought i was dead. Never touched the stuff again.

1 Like

He’s a product of your industry not mine. Wow, how did we get here.

1 Like

No book has horrified me more than Johnny Got His Gun, on which this song is based. Imagine being locked in your head with no ability to perceive or interact with the outside world, no way to even track the passage of time. No sense of place or space. Completely alone, yet conscious. Forever.

1 Like

Some bands used to do this. Queensryche had an entire album that was one story and their live performance was basically a music based movie.

1 Like

11:02 Haven’t heard Painkiller by judas Priest… witht hat album they shouted HEY !! We did it first and we can still do it hell of a lot better!!!

1 Like

4:38 never apologise for you opinion, I don’t like Metallica either, yet loving heavy metal. Metalica isn’t and never will be one of my favourites, it is just a matter of taste, happy there are other metal bands to enjoy. Having said that, this is an awesome song by not my favourite r best metal band to me, it is wha tit is, others think Metalica is the best, yey, cheers to you, awesome

1 Like

Well, I don’t want to die. I’ve been in the process of healing for some years and I’ve been manifesting a good life and I love my life, but I didn’t always feel that way, but for years I did and I always deeply identified with these song and these feelings of isolation. I love this whole album. It’s still my favorite Metallica album, even over Master of Puppets.

1 Like

Remember this is Metallica… The metal family…
Don’t get depressed…
Get Angry !!!
We will be on your side!!!

1 Like

As well, this was the heaviest thing we had ever heard as well as, their classical incorporation made Metallica “The heavy metal band”… up until Pantera… hahahaha!

1 Like

Dude… when this came out it literally changed how metal would be defined. Prior to One all “metal” was having fun, these guys made metal depressive for the first time. After that metal was aggressive and awesome!

1 Like

This wasnt the heaviest thing at the time. I mean, Slayers Reign in Blood was released 2 years before

1 Like

In response to their comments… It’s not about being alone in pain, just being in pain

1 Like

He’s trying to remember what his father taught him, then he remembers the Morse code for SOS, and repeats it “over and over again”.
The guitar solo represents the Morse code.

1 Like

This was actually absolutely not the most heaviest thing of its time.

1 Like

this eyes understand everything

1 Like

As a mental health peer support provider, I often talk with people about hope. Rarely does someone who is struggling with have an answer to the question if what hope means. Often when I ask what hope means, I get a response similar to the light at the end of the tunnel analogy. What I want people to understand is that hope is so much more. When you get the end of a tunnel and emerge, you don’t see a vague light, you see a detailed world with color and shape and purpose. Real hooe isn’t a vague feeling that things might fet better, but it’s a clear vision if what life would look like, with as much detail as possible. Don’t just wish things were better,create a visuin if exactly what that will look like. That is real hope.

1 Like

I’ve been watching your videos here and there. And only now am I seeing from the video that Jake from ABR is the founder of it? What the heck haha, didn’t expect that. Awesome.

1 Like

The video does the song soo much Justice. It’s wild as many times as I’ve heard this song, seeing the video puts a whole new perspective on it and shows the versatile of Metallica

1 Like

Please also react to Fade To Black on they’re Ride The Lightning Album… This song is stellar… I respect our Veteran’s and so sad the thing’s that are going on… They deserve to be taken care of ALWAY’S…

1 Like

Ok…How about Skeletons of Society from Slayer?:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like