Therapist gets Sober by Tool

You seem like a nice person. This music isn’t for you. Stop looking at our world. It looks back at you, and you won’t like it. Go back to the matrix and enjoy it.

Since you like progressive rock/metal I highly highly highly suggest checking out any song from Circa Survive’s second album On Letting Go. It’s a concept album about eliminating pain. Circa is one of if not the most underrated rock band ever.

“I’m just a worthless liar, I’m just an imbecile. That feels like that is the thing addiction says to you” No you don’t understand. That’s the neat part - that is there regardless. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s absolutely fascinating how I’ve heard this song so many times, but seeing someone listen to it for the first time is like listening to it for the first time. I can’t relate to the drug addiction aspects of this song, but I feel like I can from a mental illness side of things. Just wanting to not be sick anymore and going back to how life was before everything peaked. Not wanting to drag my wife down into the darkness with me but the only way to get through everything is with a companion to guide me towards light.

1 Like

You could say it’s an addict pointing the finger at sobriety. Yin and Yang.

Thank you for your insights.

@heartsupport i’m telling you, I have a problem from beartooth. Is the best place to go from here

1 Like

Dope fiend by Acid Bath…

1 Like

"Tool guitarist Adam Jones has stated in an interview that the song is about a friend of the band whose artistic expression only comes out when he is under the influence. “A lot of people give him shit for that,” Jones explains. “If you become addicted and a junkie, well, that’s your fault.”

All of Tool’s lyrics are part psychology and part philosophy but wholly personal.

you need too see them live… maynards on his knees singing this!! makes you cry

please keep doing tool…

I love you finally someone who can shed some light on the truth

You need to listin to Red by Chevelle.

1 Like

Youve gotta wait for the break to interrupt the song

1 Like

Yep the 90s new art movements were sooooo goooodd

Review Leave A Light On By Vacaville, California, Brothers, Papa Roach

You will love 46 and 2. It has a lot of Carl Jung in it. Maynard has studied Jung. As a therapist Tool will fuck with your mind.

The dark is so hard to get out of I’m trying so hard but I don’t think I can

Hi… What do you think Violent Femmes "Blister in the Sun " is about?

Mushroomhead …moniker for a bullet; that has been discharged. KISS is the trailblazers of theme genre bands.