Therapist Reacts - Sunshine by Beartooth

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.
  • Do you struggle to commit to your mental health?
  • Do you compare yourself to others?
2 Likes

I love the idea of a Therapist Reacts series to metal music!!! More please!!

1 Like

I’m also drawn to metal music because of the mental health connection. I can relate to the songs. I really like the strategy to deal with comparison by asking myself “would I trade entire lives with this person?” It really creates perspective. Great work!

1 Like

ALSO react to Kardashev if you havnt…emotional metal 101

Why are you over react like that ? just act normal dude -_-

You should react to Babymetal - Light and Darkness Live Subtitled uploaded by who?. The watermark logo disappears once live introduction ends, and the song starts.

Lyrics:

Even reality is buried under the snow of sadness
Even these hands that have been dyed red by mistakes
Take me beyond oblivion
To an ideal world brimming with affection
Open the door that lies in front of you

Go on Ah, Ah

Feeling corrupted, falling into a dream
A night where light and darkness play and seek together
Engulfed in a sea of rhythm

Even our memories are being destroyed
This love is so powerful
It’ll last forever
This love is so powerful
It’ll never let you go

Let me out
Let me out
Leap from here

Hit by the rain of joy

Let me go
Let me go
At this instant

Let’s dance the night away
Take me beyond oblivion
Remove that mask filled with lies
Right now

Feeling corrupted, falling into a dream
A night where light and darkness play and seek together
Engulfed in a sea of rhythm

Even our memories are being destroyed
This love is so powerful
It’ll last forever
This love is so powerful
It’ll never let you go

In the night when sorrow boils over
Keep our love warm
Open that door right now

Go on, Ah Ah

Feeling corrupted, even in dreams
A night where hope and despair play and seek together
Ring out forever
Even our hearts become fulfilled
This love is so powerful
It’ll last forever
This love is so powerful
It’ll never let you go

I sent this to a friend but I do think i needed this more than them. I’ve been struggling with a lot, including alcoholism, and Beartooth has been tapping into me like crazy. I love this band and your analysis has already helped. Thank you.

You should definitely add their last single “Riptide” to your list to react to as well.

Loving your take on this too it’s spot on.

So this new album is gonna be about moving on from his alcohol problem and getting sober and how it has been making him feel better but anyway u should react to Beartooth disease

Little tip. Eq the mic and maybe an extra pop filter. Possibly back off the mic a bit. Besides that great reaction and love the info given on this

Came for the reaction and to click away to the next vid aimlessly.

Ended up watching the entire video and learning how to better myself by not picking random things I like from other people. I am very self-loathing but I’m on a mission to improve myself and find happiness (not just acceptance) with who I am. This helped, so thank you for that.

2 Likes

Your reactions every time the song switched it up were so infectious and genuine. And the analysis after was so spot on. New sub for sure. I’ve had this song on repeat since it came out. It’s a banger but with so many layers. It’s everything you said but the lyrics also deal with seasonal affected disorder and Caleb’s literal move from somewhat dreary Ohio to sunny California. Not to mention the symbolism of that physical move mirroring his personal and internal shift towards getting sober and heathier. Can’t wait for the new album

1 Like

The lead singer is very open about his struggles. He gives a speech in his shows before he plays disease. Or at least he used to.

1 Like

It would be so cool if you interviewed Caleb.

1 Like

Girl. I JUST listened to this song yesterday for the first time and I can’t stop listening to it! My partner and I pissed off the ENTIRE neighborhood listening to it loud af on repeat last night lol. He and I are both on a strong path of mental health recovery and this song speaks to both of us deeply. Big respect and love to you Taylor for the badass work you’re doing!!! #therapistsaremyheros

1 Like

Your fashion is top tier.

1 Like

Your reactions to each changeup are amazing and remind me of when I first heard this song. :heart:

1 Like

Just found your channel. Such a good breakdown of the lyrics! You earned a sub!!

1 Like

You should do a react video to" beartooth- disease" I feel like you’d get the same type of vibe like you did for sunshine from them I work in the mental health field here in AZ and there’s alot in that song that I feel you would enjoy, love your videos and looking foreward to more and hopefully a react video to my suggestion from beartooth

1 Like