Therapist Reacts - Sunshine by Beartooth

I’m new but their song “The In-between” is soo good

1 Like

This is probably the best recording quality a Beartooth song has ever had. They usually song like hot garbage (the band is great live, but recordings sound like they were recorded in a metal bathroom stall).

1 Like

Should definitely reach to “Riptide” by BT as well! I just saw them in KC last month and it was an incredible show.

1 Like

This is gold. There is enormous potential here. I look forward to the next one.

1 Like

Two things, first off this was way more helpful and insightful than I originally thought it would be. It was wild to hear another take on the song I’ve had on repeat for a week. Second, I heard the lyrics “sunshine that will finally show, I might die if I stay in this cold” and my brain immediately jumped to seasonal depression, so in my mind whenever I would listen to this my brain is thinking about SAD and how I really am so much better when the sun finally comes out in the spring. It wasn’t until I heard your take on it that I realized wow she’s right, and now I’m holding both translations of the song in shock and awe of how fantastic beartooth is. Thank you for bringing mental health translations into the metal world❤

1 Like

I’ve gotten so much enjoyment out of watching people’s reaction to the beginning of the song. I had the same first reaction like WHAT IS THIS when the poppy chorus starts which I love.

1 Like

I’m not saying this isn’t her honest reaction everyone is different you do you but it does seem a touch over played and an act that she’s reacting like she is but regardless beartooth slaps no matter how anyone reacts to it

1 Like

“If you’re only known for something you don’t wanna be known for, then you start to feel unknown.” Ik exactly how this feels. I made a mistake years ago and I feel like that’s all anyone thinks about in the back of their minds.

1 Like

Taylor ur so pretty :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I don’t watch/listen to many reaction videos but this video popped up on my feed. It is, by far, the greatest reaction video I have ever seen and that is even before you go into the mental health aspects after the song. I felt like I went on a journey with you simply from your facial expressions. I laughed so many times. What you said and explained after the song also was fantastic. I was MEANT to listen to this video today and I am so happy that I did. Caleb is in a great place atm and it is wonderful to hear/see but you also put a smile on my face by taking this wonderful song and explaining the meaning. Bravo. Well deserved sub!

1 Like

this is powerful. whatever you’re onto-- yes!
shining through the marrow

1 Like

If you look up Oshie Bichar(Beartooth Bassist) old band City Lights, they have a lot of mental health related lyrics. Listen to Jeremy’s Song. So good

1 Like

You gotta listen to “I was alive” by beartooth

1 Like

I learned I need a therapist. Great video!

1 Like

First time seeing your channel… you have a new subscriber!

1 Like

this song is amazing and always gives me chills

1 Like

he did an interview a while back talking about moving from Columbus to LA, he was tired of the cold winters, tired of leaving his wife on his time off tour to go work in LA for several days at a time. after i saw that and relistened to the chorus i wondered if he was referencing that event in his life.

1 Like

April 2013 could have been the end of me at my own hands. It wasnt planned, my brain just snapped. Paranoia, anxiety, mood switches, adhd, addiction are some of my challenges

1 Like

This video and a couple others of yours really helped me tonight. I found your videos because I’m seeing them next month. I’m currently struggling with substance abuse and my BPD depression as well as some PTSD from events a bit back and, man is it hard. Especially when it all is deafened by a bottle or a pipe.

1 Like

@heartsupport feel like i got so much to say and so much work to do to get my mind right but dont even know where to begin.

1 Like