Therapist reacts to a 45 by Shinedown

Shinedown’s music, more often than not, will elicit an emotional response. Brent Smith does a masterful job of conveying the emotion of the song through his voice.

one of the best songs that as ever helped me with my mental health and suicidal thoughts @heartsupport was the song deep end by I prevail this song just reminds me at how I can’t allow myself to fall into that deep end I struggle most days with feeling worthless and not being good enough and this song just shows me that I am able to rise above all of that so please check it out and let me know what your thoughts are on the song and would love to see a reaction to the song if you feel like doing it

45 Live From Kansas City ( Acoustic ) they tell you what the song is about. the meaning of it

I also lost a William to suicide by gun, in WNY.

Look up their song calld get up

To the creator of this video. I have to lost my best friend to suicide the demons in his head got the best of him I miss him too this day I was his best friend and he was a great friend and father to his beautiful girls and I know exactly what you are going through and it’s hard I really do. You’re content is absolutely amazing keep up the hard work.

In my opinion, I took if a different way at the end. he isn’t angry at the end but crying out louder. At least that’s how I take it.

Given why a person might look up this song, I actually found your advice pretty helpful :heavy_heart_exclamation:rather than BSing those in a hopeless state. I definitely have a problem with accepting the way things have changed, so I won’t deny I need to work on that.

Awesome breakdown. This song isn’t about someone taking their life. Its about getting past the urge to. It was written about a fanily friend that pulled the trigger when they were younger. They rushed in the room and he was still alive. Happily married now.

I know fellow veteran that killed himself and had this playing on loop. Very sad :sob:

I have diagnosed PTSD from severe brutal bullying amongst other issues as a child. My first thoughts of suicide were around age 10, I’ve gotten to this point 6 times at my life. Music and one quote saved my life. The quote is from Rocky - The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are… it will beat you to your knees and keep you there if you let it. You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit… and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! If you know what you’re worth, go and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers… saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody! Cowards do that, and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!"

Being a survivor is the toughest thing you will ever do and you have to find a reason to go on every day. My daughters are mine, even though they are grown - they still need me just to be here, even if it’s the background of their lives now and for them I will gladly walk through every layer of hell. The thought of them in pain because of me is not something I can ever do. I don’t think we ever fully move away from trauma, but we learn to channel it so we can stand off with it, we fight back, we take our hits and even if we have to take a breather we keep standing, we keep fighting and when you are exhausted you have that support team that can prop you up and fight at your side until you can do it alone again.

This was in an interview they conducted with Brent " About the song It’s misunderstood in a lot of ways,” Smith told American Songwriter. “And I’ll never forget when the song came out, it was our second single from the album and it was banned from MTV because of the video and lyric subject matter. And I was like ‘why? When it actually had nothing to do with a gun’. The 45 was a metaphor for the world and ‘staring down the barrel of a 45’ was about staring down at this planet and what it throws at you, how you have maneuvered through your life.”

“It’s also about reflection and it’s a coming of age story,” he added. “I’m singing the song and talking about myself but it’s also a rebirth, coming into adulthood, realizing some of the stuff maybe your parents kept from you to give you a childhood before you had to face the world. It’s really an example of how life is give-and-take.”

I am in constant chronic pain every day of my life. It’s taken a real toll on my mental health, and some days I just want to give up and have the pain end. When I was younger, all I thought about was suicide due to my life circumstances (I became a caregiver to my family at thirteen after we moved to Canada and my mom had to work two jobs just so that we could stay afloat). Music is the one thing that kept me sane. In the lyrics and sounds of the music, I found people and messages that said that everyone suffers, to just keep going, that things do get better. I’m glad I never succeeded in ending my life. I’m glad I’m still here. I didn’t think I’d make it past 18 - I’m well into my 30s now and I’m slowly learning to let go and accept.

This song :musical_note: actually helped me so much, during my time of depression. I donated. Hearing this song reminds of that terrible, dark time, when I lost my grandpa and dad within less than a year. It screwed me up so bad. I got manipulated so terribly by guys. I didn’t know how to relate to men in a healthy way. I was lost and I ended up being raped because I was too afraid to stand up for myself. I was too ashamed to go to police. I felt like I be better off dying cause I was so ashamed to be a damn wuss. Years later, I am not a wuss anymore. I don’t want to die; I am living as a rape survivor, and I’ll never hurt myself over a sick piece of shit who took advantage of me. I’m so happy now, because I overcame that horrible experience. I’m a strong woman and no pos will ever take advantage of me ever again. I’ll fn fight and I’ll support any survivor in any way I possibly can. Damn, I can’t believe I actually told my story here. Hope it helps, even one person.

Ik if your friend is saying go ahead and cry bc I’m still here in your heart and im watching over you.

Question. Is there any way to tell the pain no your not going to control me anymore. Just asking. Bc I know alot of people who tries to commit suicide. And I want to try and help them when they can’t help themselves. I mean they don’t want to go to counseling or anything. I just want to help them when they feel like they need to hurt themselves. I’m 39 years old and have had a lot of my friends hurt themselves badly. I just want to help as many of my friends to stop hurting themselves. Please answer.

I live this life…

One of my very best friends took his own life Oct 14 2023. None of us see this coming. I’m still in shock over it still. I miss you brother :cry:

you should do Man that you fear by Marilyn Manson

Listen to ugly like me by stained* also known as outside.