Therapist reacts to BOYB by System of a Down

“Vibe switch” is one of the resons i fell in love with system of a downs music

1 Like

The song could relate to so many things.
One could be learning something. It does not feel right, and you could be struggling at it. All around you could encourage you that everything is fine. Just keep on going. So you keep on marching to the instructions even though one constantly struggles at it
“But you must have patience and faith…” they all keep saying to you.
And so it continues until one questions the countinous cycle one is on…

1 Like

I would love to see you review Hi Ren by Ren. it isnt metal and I know its probably been over done by now; however as someone who has both studied masters level psych and has struggled with myriad mental health issues [(depression, anxiety, PTSD, disassociations, and at my worse; episodes of psychotic depression, and OCD and even schizoaffective)], I believe it to be very valuable for people. I know when I saw it the first time the profound emotional response I had was hard to describe. It felt like it perfectly illustrated my struggles with mental health to my eventual success at learning the “tools” that have helped me lead a much happier life. I wish it was the kind of thing someone showed me during my early 20’s (tumultuous twenties)

1 Like

The more I listen to this song and see reactions the more I realize how incredibly genius and ahead of their time they were.

1 Like

Did she listened to the lyrick?

1 Like

You don’t have to be political to wake up and stop believing the bs that you are being fed all the time.
Politics, religion, marketing, it’s all bs designed to control people.

1 Like

Please react to Needles by System, you need to hear it.

1 Like

Would love to see you react to badflower. Ghost and family

1 Like

Song is about Iraq war, the party bit is all the war mongers going to the party (Pay day) (MacDonalds, Star Bucks) Who profit from war, because we destroy this countries and rebuild them in our image, pure Capitalism and the only people who pay for it, are the poor in society and they pay for it in blood.

1 Like

Do you read the lyrics as you watch the videos?! I feel like you didn’t get that BYOB stands for Bring Your Own Bombs

1 Like

0:11 you’re in line for the cutest reactor contest
0:24 you won
0:40 we need more ppl like u…told it in a vid i watched 15 mins ago
1:37 best analysis of the song
3:00 you react like it just came out❤
5:08 LOL … ain’t got more to say … same as 0:11

1 Like

Why do they always send the poor

1 Like

Still relevant today! (Gaza / Ukraine)

1 Like

We all have been fed lies from the table cloth

1 Like

Take a look,System of a down-Psycho

1 Like

You said absolutely nothing about what the song actually talks about :sweat_smile:

War in iraq… brits, americans and others…oil buffet…proxy war…
“Hangars sitting dripped in oil crying freedom” .is a sarcastic reference to the democracy carrot for the iraqi people offered by the west before the invasion and embedding and all that shit that followed with the war or a military occupation
Chorus is pretty obvious
That everybody points to all the parties (nations) involved in the carrot giving exercise

1 Like

I got out 1 yr prior to my units deployment I knee exactly what the song was about

1 Like

I really feel like the switching back and forth from the groovy/happy tunes to the frantic, fast paced, screaming is absolutely a call to attention to see what’s happening in our world, country, state, etc… Which, like you said, the song is definitely political, but I agree that people can also take from it what they will, whatever that may be.

I personally find it very poignant and on the nose. This is not their most subtle work, but I’m very glad to have your reaction on SOAD’s music! Thank you for being you!

1 Like

he is mocking those who are asleep going to parties and clubs. It’s a sudden wake up, Like hey, something is wrong, why are u just sitting there acting a fool.

1 Like

Soad is often described as a “bipolar” band

1 Like