Therapist reacts to BOYB by System of a Down

Are you fuckin kidding me???
This is entirely about the Afghanistan War!!!
It’s about the kids we’re sending to their death!!!

1 Like

I survived the war. I lived on front line for 4 year when there was “cease of fire” but here and there bombs would fall. From my 5th birthday to age of 10 in constant fear. Going to school that looks like concrete fortress. Its funny after war all war veterans got help for PTSD but nobody asked then kids how we feel. Almost all of my generation has some mental related problems or other. Our country is not functioning as it should and i see loot of lives ruined. But do you know who lives “good and healthy” lives? Children of those politicians that started that war. Corruption everywhere.

1 Like

its about the war in iraq “dancing in the desert, blowing up the sunshine” referring to bombing during the war while the rich reap the reward while the poor put their lives on the line

1 Like

Next , Scars on Broadway.

1 Like

Just my personal opinion, this song is very good at describing bipolar illness and anxiety. So like you said, I confronted it.

1 Like

Lonely day…

1 Like

Byob means bring your own bombs

1 Like

I love SOAD bc it always brings me back to listening to Rage Against the Machine as a kid and feeling strongly attached to songs like Bllt in the Head and Fistful of steel :black_heart::black_heart: not metal, but still awesome songs that remind me of a time when defiance was the only thing that kept me going as a kid in a terrible environment :fist:t4::metal:t4:

1 Like

Love when you get scare with the changing of rhythms :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

It’s also about the transfer of wealth from the tax payer to the military industrial complex and haliburton.

1 Like

The dance in the desert is about Iraq, the people having a good time are the military industrial complex and haliburton

1 Like

Song was a commentary on the Iraq War when the song came out it was definitely as you say that few people were thinking at the time “woah wait somethings not right here” and now we know “we were ignorant” and were lead into a war so that a tiny man could inflate his ego to finish his daddy’s war. B.Y.O.B. translates to bring your own bombs. Because at the time the US was spread thin and was struggling to fund a war already.

1 Like

I love how you get into the song with no 5 minute bs intro, and you don’t pause the song every 10 seconds!! That’s cool!!!

1 Like

The party is the Iraq war, dancing in the desert is the soldiers fighting and blowing up the sunshine is how USA bombed oil fields and the smoke blocked out the sun (see this imagery in jarhead). Just thought this message is too important to ignore.

1 Like

Think you’re missing the point. It’s poor vs. rich.

SOAD are masters of transition. I would argue it’s a major part of their signature sound.