Therapist Reacts to Daddy By Korn

I can really appreciate you reacting to this because you are a very safe, comforting and validating person. Also how you can just let your face jam out it gives me motivation to allow myself to not hide my feelings on the outside

1 Like

Having this song 30 years ago, when I was struggling to process my own sexual abuse, was everything. Hours I spent with this song on repeat, screaming and crying it out- like it was poison I was excising from my body. That song resonated with far too many of us, but I am grateful for it to this day. :love_you_gesture:t3:

1 Like

Took me 35 years, a lot of solo work, a mental breakdown, personal revelations, and the kindness of strangers, before I was ready to talk.
Still, no one individual has yet heard the whole story, but it is known…

1 Like

I still can’t…
Dammit.

1 Like

When I first heard this song, it opened my eyes to everything I’d been through. And started my journey to healing and learning how to be a person.

1 Like

Oh My Fc-king God! This is, without a doubt the most brave, honest, raw and unambiguously outspoken audio-recording of an ongoing catharsis of what must undoubtably be one of the most horrible and horrific kinds of child-hood trauma that I’ve EVER heard in my entire life…
And, that’s coming from someone who’s neither a ‘fan’ of Korn, nor this particular ‘type’/‘genre’ of music!
Even so - this is most definitively something that really needs to be out there, since this is simply just so much more common than most people believe, or even want to believe! I would at least guess that this song has the potential to help their fans - just as it also probably helped him, to process this kind of disaster…as it really has the potential to ‘ruin’ a person for life!

(Just an anecdote, of personal character: I have 2wonderful, beautiful boys…well, men really [since they’re now both grown-ups, 24 resp. 22 years old now]. And the woman that’s the mother to these 2 children is also a victim of this disgusting, cowardly type of cruelty, by the ‘hands’ of her father! Anyway, she eventually did tell me about it, so I knew pretty early on in our relationship about this whole thing - and why she didn’t have any relationship with her father.
Anyway, I remember a ‘situation’ when we were having a party to celebrate our first-born’s first birthday…and, this “man” had the nerve to come and attend the ‘party’, just out of the blue!
I was apparently in our bed-room while he arrived. And my then girlfriend [mother] came in to the bedroom weeping while telling me that this ‘man’ was in our living-room…
I could then simply not control myself, as I was instantly filled with rage: I went straight to him, grabbed him and yelled: “And what the f-ck do you think that you’re doing here?” [in front of everyone-who of course did not understand what it was all about]…I immediately pushed him towards the door, told him he was NOT welcome here and had to leave, immediately and was pretty much ready to ‘smash him’ into pieces…However, confusingly [at least for me at the time] - my girlfriend weepingly begged me to not ‘touch him’ and just let him go???
And for those of you who might wonder - YES, I also have some ‘Daddy-issues’. Although not at all of this magnitude…Although they most definitively did result in some quite terrible ‘anger-issues’!.’ My ‘Daddy-issues’ was instead a result of constant neglect and shaming. That is, the very few times he even acknowledged my existence at all - he left me when I was about 3 or 4, never neither gave my any attention, showed any affection or even acknowledged my existence…except for at the times he heard, or had seen me doing something he didn’t ‘agree with’ [despite the fact that he lived about 50m away from me!? About 2 min. walking distance.].
So yeah, I had some rather serious ‘anger-issues’, which took me about 35 years to learn to control.
Also - I did the exact opposite to my children…just in case!
And, they’re now both happy, healthy and ‘well-adapted’!).

Just wanted to share. Greetings from Sweden.

1 Like

It’d be super interesting if you do Kill you by Korn, it has super dark lyrics but there’s something strange in some parts where you can hear Jonathan kind of laughing?

1 Like

This whole time I thought it was about his father or step father. I didn’t know it was about his babysitter. Still doesn’t really change anything. He’s definitely very brave for sharing that with his fans. :heart::cry:

1 Like

The first time i heard this i was tripping acid, in the block buster parking lot waiting for my brother. I was not prepared and it freaked me out. I was only like 16-17. Im 42 now and still cant listen to it

1 Like

After seeing this (and crying, I haven’t heard this song in years), I would absolutely love to know what you think of Jonestown Tea by Otep. Similar subject matter, similar emotional rawness, it absolutely chills my blood and makes me feel like I’m sitting with her as she’s going through some deep anguish. (And it’s just a brutally awesome tune, as well). It’s a bit longer than your average 4 or 5 minute metal song, but definitely an experience you’ll remember.

1 Like

They left Jonathan inside the stuido in a total breakdown to get the song recorded. Look deeper it’s extremely difficult and heavy.

1 Like

He helped save me. This song still helps to heal me.

1 Like

Do Mr Rogers by korn :wink: same topic, different tune

1 Like

Nice to see someone that wasn’t born yet to react. This is why we all loved Korn.

1 Like

A lot of people call this song JD whining, but I hope it helped people get through their pain like it did for me. Thank you.

1 Like

Should listen to “I’m not Jesus” by Apocalyptica and Corey Taylor

1 Like

I don’t remember this version of this song…

1 Like

Try Jonestown tea by Otep…

1 Like

Me vibing to korn in my bedroom at 15 years old, my father abused me for those 15 years of my life, bands like korn and Lincoln Park were my escape

1 Like

Lovely lady, love this. We aaaall wanted to hug Janathan 20 years ago too. And still do.

1 Like