Therapist reacts to People=Shit by Slipknot

Slipknot concerts are nuts. I loved it.

Slipknot was there for me when it felt like nobody else was. Corey’s lyrics had a way of describing EXACTLY how I managed to feel, and the energy and anger of the music was a way for me to vent how I was feeling inside. People talk about how dark their lyrics are, and they are. But on the same coin, they also talk about how to fight through the pain and to come out on the other side. And when you do, you’ll be stronger, and you will have grown. Metal is about positively venting your anger and energy, and turning it into something positive. Metal shows are fun. There’s camaraderie there.

I dont know if you’re right on the “fight your way through it” part but my impression and it works for me is that nobody cares about me or what i do so fuck it, fight through apprehension and do what i want anyways. It’s my world and I alone am responsible for it. If people dont like it…fuck them because “people=shit”.

To me it’s more of the enraged let’s run through a brick wall version of “Eat the Elephant” from A Perfect Circle.

I wish I was at this London show insane but I was definitely at 2001 ozzfest :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Should have been “Social Media = shit” but it had too many syllables