Therapist reacts to Save Me by Jelly Roll

Check out Hate Me by Blue October. Music video hits hard, too. Real mom, real voicemail, it’s rough

Can I request Cody Jinks “Sober Thing”

I’m a recovering drug addict and I have been sober for 4 and a half years now and I’m also bipolar and I have a lot of other mental health issues I have been in and out of mental institutions, hospitals, rehab’s,jails and prisons for the majority of my life and now I’m really trying very hard to get my life together and I’m doing a lot better I’m sober and I have a good job and I have a nice apartment and I live alone and pay my own bills. I have been really trying very hard to get better and this song and my therapist and my sponsor and music and watching Taylor palmbry reaction to videos and listening to her positive and inspiring words are really helpful to me and this song really hits hard to me and right now I’m going through a lot of depression and music and comedy has,is and always will be a crutch for me when I’m dealing with my depression

Thank you…

I came up with lyrics like that to ‘It’s Hard to Be Humble’ by Mac Davis a few years ago, based on stories told to me by addicts I was working with at the time. It really synced with them. I only remember the chorus and the first verse, though; sorry.

Oh, Lord, it’s not hard to be humble
When you’re screwed up in every way
And you can’t stand to look in the mirror
'Cause you’re getting more haggard each day
When you used to have folks who loved you
'Til they all went through Hell by your hand
When you’ve flushed your life right down the can

I used to have a good woman
Who did her best to stand beside me
But to save herself from all my abuses
She kicked me out on the street
I guess I could find me another
But out here, she’d be as broken as me
And as that would just be a new round of Hell
I guess I’m stuck being lonely

When you’re screwed up in every way
And you can’t stand to look in the mirror
'Cause you’re getting more haggard each day
When you used to have folks who loved you
'Til they all went through Hell by your hand
When you’ve flushed your life right down the can

Please please react to Stay Gold by Stevie Wonder

Please review Masterpiece by Motionless In White!!!

Love your videos. You do know you can react to some more positive songs…right???
Mayne some Stick Figure or KBong.

You need to react to his song - Son of a Sinner. It’s amazing.

One of the only constant experiences I’ve really seen in my many years of experience with addiction and recovery across a diverse range of people, to quote Vessel of Sleep Token from Ascensionism, is that “anything’s better than the way I feel right now.”

Just wanted to share my personal interpretation of this song in my experience. Great work and powerful insight! Keep on rockin’! Rant incoming!
This song illustrates my experience for years and still sometimes today in my relationship with my therapist and my loved ones who support me as the urge to push others away to save myself from the crushing weight of disappointing them and myself. I’m even taken it so far to try and heal myself in a sink or swim scenario of currently being in grad school for counseling in the hopes it will force me to find a way to heal but it still feels as if I’m just as broken and maladapted as when I first began going to counseling 13 years ago I judge my lack of growth because I’ve come so far and see so little growth because my confirmation bias keeps me from seeing it even though I logically know it’s there. I love the burger analogy, and in my case I’ve been judging myself for not being done with the whole burger after all of these years. I hopefully can begin to see more realistically that I have been biting a lot of burgers or mental health challenges in a huge buffet as a mental health perfectionist and really give myself the experience of acceptance of not having everything fully healed to be able to help others. I hope this can resonate with someone and allow someone else to feel like they can be ok with not being perfect at something while simultaneously being a so-called expert of that very thing (similar to imposter syndrome). Thanks for letting me share! Much love!

Jack Harris, “careful what you wish for” is a fire song and describes perfectly what I, and others, go through due to medication.

Gotta go down the jelly. Roll rabbit hole

Im a lost cause @heartsupport
At least I have felt that way my whole life. I attended my second therapy session today at the age of 36.

Notice the title of the song is save me, which is said once. Refusing help, “Don’t waste your time on me”, is repeated. This is why you have seek out help. If you rely only on friends or family, you more likely push them away.

Not every song you break down directly relates to what I’m going through but every video has at least one small piece or nugget of a tool that has helped me figure out where I am. Once I figured out where I was I didn’t feel lost. As soon as I didn’t feel lost the fear that used to soak me through started to dry. That’s where I am now, not dry yet but not dripping and cold either. One day, maybe soon, I’ll feel warm like a freshly laundered shirt.

I wasn’t lost, just temporarily misplaced.
Even being soaked with fear I realized that, like walking through the rain, you can only get so wet.
The sun will come out to dry you eventually. That might not be tomorrow and that’s ok.

Thank you for making this space feel so open and inviting. It’s a place we can come and scream into the abyss and get a response that’s so much more useful than just an echo.

I feel this song. I’m damaged beyond repair. That’s why this song save me is my ringtone. Maybe someone will hear it amd save me.

this one is slept on but you should listen to his song Same Asshole. Echoes is another beautifully tragic and deep song, but Same Asshole is amazingly deep.

When will she discover manson? I propose “man that you fear”

Could you please, please, please analyze DREDG - INFORMATION!! Thank you for sharing and teaching through your knowledge! Understanding Heals!

His new song with Joyner Lucas is incredible as well. All about how addiction affects the user and their family.