Therapist reacts to Schism by Tool

While I have just found your videos and have enjoyed your insightful explanations, I do hope you listen some uplifting music after to listening to many dark and disturbing songs as you list in your videos. I know from experience, that music effects your mood and depending where you at, you might pick music that reinforces that negative space you’re in.

1 Like

This women is so Cool…

1 Like

It’s very ironic that this is third video of yours that I’m watching. TOOL has been my favorite band for going on 30 years. I’ve seen live eight times. It’s experience and I believe that they have the best singer in drummer of all time in the top five for sure… so my favorite artist has come round since them is REN. This kind of blew my mind. I don’t know how many tool you have done it’s so hard to say which one to check out next schism and lateralus masterpieces and their song wings for Marie part one and two are about the lead singers Mom passed away in 10 days is the amount of time that she spent in a wheelchair, which is almost 30 years and they rarely perform because of the toll that it takes on Maynard. If you haven’t done, sober live, where is wearing a pink onesie, you should do that one first it’s their oldest video just about and it’s really made them blow up and to watch Mayor perform live is incredible. He becomes the character…

1 Like

yeah we hear with our pain, it’s like we hear to respond, not to understand

1 Like

“This song did my job for me” I won’t get into it, but Tool brought me back. I’m not “healed”, but man did I get them when I needed them most

1 Like

I started this video rolling my eyes and finished it completely shifted. Thank you for this. Your take on all of this is so great. I feel in love with Tool as a kid and only saw/identified with the pain in the music then. Now, I see that it’s a doorway to step through in the healing process. Wow. It only took like 30 years to figure out!

1 Like

"Kurt was a big fan of Stephen and Timothy Quay, aka the Quay Brothers, and their way of stop-motion animation.

He had plans to make Nirvana’s videos more like the Quay Brothers stuff, reaching point where he actually asked them about directing the clips, which they refused.

Cobain told Flipside back in mid-1992: "Yeah, we’re gonna put out a ‘Lithium’ single within a couple of months. It’s gonna have a doll theme. I’ve been collecting old dolls for most of my life and I make dolls out of clay that are replicas of 18th century Yugoslavian dolls.

“They’re really weird, they have elongated heads and have really long fingers. Kinda like a Brothers Quay video. It’s gonna be a ripoff of a Brothers Quay video because we asked them to do our video and they refused. There’s not much of a theme other than the dolls doing weird, surreal things with each other. When Courtney goes to get another ultra-sound we’re going to video tape the baby in her womb and put that in the video too.”

As for Tool, well, they were apparently influenced by the Quay Brothers as well, but crossed the line between influence and plagiarism in the “Sober” video, at least in Kurt’s book.

He told MTV about soon after the 1993 release of “Sober” clip: "[Sighs] Oh God, I hope they get sued! It is such a ripoff, it’s a shameless ripoff! I mean, I wanted a Brothers Quay style, but I didn’t want anything like that. That was terrible!

“I mean, it’s a neat video - it’s really nice to look at, but I’d rather watch Brothers Quay video.”

Focusing on some specific details that really grind his gears, Kurt added: “Meat going through pipes, shameless! They should be slapped on the wrist for that!”

1 Like

Girl… Your right on… Congrats…

1 Like

:sweat_smile:ask menard :joy:hi know :joy:

1 Like

I want to see a reaction video of her at her normal sessions lol.

1 Like

If you love this you’ll love the messages in The Grudge and Sober as well

1 Like

Incredible piece…

1 Like

to me, at the end, when he repeats “i know the pieces fit” like a mantra, and then the disfigured entity, means that the pieces didnt actually fit, but he was desperate to make them fit

1 Like

You try to put a puzzle together put your failing this is what is song is about :joy:

1 Like

Im glad all it took was therapist to reread great lyrics for me to understand that the lyrics are amazing. Thank you for a therapists approval! Go America

1 Like

Face reaction👀…

1 Like

Please react to Parabol and Parabola by Tool. Celebrate this chance to be aliiive and breeeathing

1 Like

43 years still with the love of my life because we figured this out long ago…

1 Like

Very funny to SEE her. :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

I want to know what Maynard reads. Such an intelligent person.

1 Like