Therapist reacts to Sick Boi Ren

In the name of “progress” we walk off a precipice.

1 Like

To a hammer every problem looks like a nail, to the therapists all the pain was in his head, he had (as you probably know by now) Lyme Disease they gave him so many pills and told him so many times that it was all in his head “a trauma response” no one believed his pain was real but he was bitten by a tick and the pain came from Lyme Disease.

1 Like

The medical industry runs on the saying “A patient cured is a customer lost”

1 Like

Please react to Ren’s Chalk Outlines…I think you’ll adore psychoanalyzing the lyrics.

1 Like

ive watched a lot of these “therapist reacts videos” because im not ok right now. this one was helpful

1 Like

Dr Harriet Fraad says it’s not in your head, that life under capitalism, under patriarchy, under white supremacy, homophobia, transphobia–any combination of these things but primarily the exploitation, precarity and power structures under capitalism–all will invariably make us sick. In many ways, mental health struggles are often a healthy response to an unhealthy system.

We are given everything we need, and we commodify it. They commodify my gift. They commodify mental health and pharmacological interventions. Our labor is comodified, our sexuality, our identity, and it’s all commodified. It’s so bad that the nature we commodify has been exploited past the point of no return. Science says it’s suicide and still we commit. Even the doctor is commodifed

I just don’t want anyone to .lose tne deeper meaning of the song.

Capitalism, unchecked, will kill us all

1 Like

I really like your reaction to ren videos I hope you continue and maybe do the money game series

1 Like

He also a fantastic musician I’d recommend something like I shot the Sheriff/Road to Zion/Hip Hop with his former band The Big Push if you just want to watch an incredible live musical performance. How to be me is a fantastic duet and so is chalk outlines it won’t matter which you watch first. You’ll love all three. Welcome aboard the Ren trip. FYI he will never copyright strike you and loves people reacting to his work. He even watches some of them in live streams.

1 Like

yes - this isnt that connected to the video - more the part she mentions about trauma responses? or stuff the brain can do - had my second sleep paralysis moment in my life the other night XD - I was just stressed out both times, and went to be a bit after eating food (idk if that did anything, just full of energy while trying to sleep both times) - idk if it was even that - its like I was dreaming, and I ‘tried’ or attempted to make it a lucid dream - and just… broke the dream instead of waking up in the dream? it was weird is all I can say -

this last time, I was in this office - theres a door to the left, and one straight ahead - that lead off into the rest of this building, and theres a chair between them Im sitting on, waiting for someone… to walk in? a feeling of busy-ness comes from outside the doors - like its at school or something - and to get in the room, people outside, have to take the doors off the hinges, a few people step in, and have to place the door back in place, which is weird. and in that moment - noise from the floor above me - I can hear my family listenign to a football game - which kinda break me from sleeping - I kinda see everythign go black, then return to the dream - where im in the room, and i can feel myself in my bed, instead of in the chair - so im still in the dream, but more awake - and I try to get out of the ‘bed’ within the dream, and I cant - I almost cant breathe, or move, Im stuck in the dream… knowing its in my real bed… in real life at the same time.

if you want to know - the first time was more scary, because I had to think it thru more - because it was my ROOM - as the dream- and it was more of a nightmare - because I felt a creature, a demon, something - in the shadows of the room - and thunder/lightning outside - which was just in this nightmare/liminal space - I looked around the room, free to move at first, spotted this darkness in the corner, and turned away, ONLy to then not be able to move, like it stopped me from moving - I could feel my arms and legs stuck in place.

1 Like

REN is pretty amazing, I wish I could hug him, tell him everything alright lol. ‘breaking the system while also feeling broken by it’ is its own vibe he nails on the head here.

1 Like

I absolutely love how you described sick and hurt. It’s strange because the first time I made the active decision to seek therapy was because I really thought there was something inherently wrong with me because I had a relatively good childhood, I’m close to my parents and my family, I definitely feel a lot of love and yet I’m still messed up. I actually used to seek therapists who were very straightforward and basically responded to me with a checklist without realizing that having a therapist that showed me compassion and listened to more than my words made me uncomfortable and scared. Just being told something as simple as just because someone did not have ill intention, that does not negate the hurt I feel. And that’s something I’m still working on wrapping my head around and allowing myself to validate the existence of my emotions and not constantly trying to logic my way out of it.

1 Like

Wish I had you as a therapist.

1 Like

I love this reaction. Thank you so much

1 Like

I got tired of doctors treating me like junkie or criminal. So I just quit asking for help. Now I sit in silence waiting for the sweet kiss of death to set me free.

1 Like

Empathetic and truly caring therapists are becoming “rare birds”…Big Pharma seems to dictate all treatments…thank you for your thoughtful and honest assessment of Ren’s message…

1 Like

Honestly I wish that the world was full of compassionate people like you because the world would be a better place :pray::pray::uk::us:

1 Like

please react to diazepam and chalk outlines by ren

1 Like

Nf how can you leave us one of his first songs.

1 Like

Please do Can’t Handle This by Bo Burnham.

1 Like

This is my favorite reaction. I love trauma-informed therapists. Thank you.

1 Like