Therapist Reacts to Slipknot Vermilion pt 2

“I won’t this build up inside of me”

Having become somewhat infatuated with a woman I used to work with but being unable to be with her, when that realisation sunk in I emotionally “shut down” towards this individual in an attempt to stop feeling an attachment to her. Just my thoughts on how parts 1 & 2 tie together for me

1 Like

This song feels like the realization that there is no hope. And I can’t listen to it without crying. :sob:

1 Like

Feel like these two songs are a Borderline Personality Disorder on black and white thinking.

1 Like

I remember when this album was released, Vermilion pt1 and pt2 really stood out for me. At the time I was living with 2 friends - a guy I went to school with, and a girl who I did love at one point but we had grown apart. Even though we were living together, I didn’t see much of her because of my work hours, and i did miss her. One night I got home about 11 o’clock at night and a little while later I heard her leave the house. I had these two songs on repeat and I was thinking of how I missed spending time with her. She never came home. She took her own life that night. I still get a bit teary listening to these songs sometimes even 20 years on

1 Like

I would be interested to see if the band agrees with your interpretation

1 Like

This song saved me from myself in my darkest times thank you for your evaluation I never understood why it resonated with me in such a strong way now it seems to make more sense

1 Like

PLEASE react and explain ‘Bother’ — the song by Corey Taylor’s side project - Stone Sour!

Love your reactions, you’re putting all the inner thoughts and feelings from these songs into words just amazingly!

1 Like

I would like to say, Welcome Maggot! Corey Taylor is a Lyrcial Genous! The dude (& the 9 in general) are amazing. Personally speaking, they have saved my life. #maggot4lyfe

1 Like

Not sure if it changes your opinion of the meaning of the song. But there’s a lot of hints in this music video that this girl is a corpse. The colour of her eyes when her head falls back, the tone of her skin, the way her body is moving while being moved around like a puppet. Marry this with what looks like her ghost from part 1 & the fact she could only interact with the butterfly after it died & suddenly these two songs get some whole new extra layers of darkness. I personally think this song is from the perspective of somebody that is obsessed with a girl, kills her & feels regret afterwards.

1 Like

A lot of people have Slipknot totally wrong, if you decifer the lyrics, there’s a lot of deep stuff in them.
Definitely my #1 band :metal:

1 Like

Snuff, dead memories, till we die and killpop are all songs id love to see you listen to, it’s been really refreshing to see someone who looks and acts like they wouldn’t listen to metal, not only enjoy it but dive deeper and see what we see, it makes a lot of us feel really seen and I definitely appreciate it a lot.

1 Like

As a widower, this song cuts me to my core. Seven months ago, my wife ended her life. I struggle every day with it.

I know it’s more about an unrequited love, but it also speaks to the grief of losing your love to death, to me at least.

“I don’t know what to do when she makes me sad.” To me, is the gut-wrenching pain of having lost my wife. I don’t know where to go with all of this pain that she makes me feel. She isn’t around to talk about it anymore.

“But I won’t let this build up inside of me.” To me, is the grief of losing her. Recognizing that it’s like a poison within me, drowning me from the inside out.

“She isn’t real. I can’t make her real.” To me, is the realization that I cannot will her back to life, no matter what I do.

1 Like

Please do knocked loose all my friends and the whole tear in the fabric of lif album/movie

1 Like

Corey Taylor has said this song is about a serial killer stalker and his prey. It’s even creepier when you hear it after knowing this. Kind of takes away from any of the other interpretations, but still interesting.

1 Like

Killers guilt…

1 Like

Give credit to the video makers for showing it

1 Like

U showed do Snuff for sure :black_heart:

1 Like

думаю подпишусь на канал: 1) мне нравится slipknot 2) therapist всё же красивая

1 Like

Have you reacted to Dead Memories? That’s one of my favorite songs of them

1 Like

My favorite love song…