Therapist Reacts to Toxicity by System of a Down

This topic is from YOUTUBE where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

Therapist uses System of a Down’s song Toxicity to talk about how people often get stuck in a life that feels dreary, hopeless, and boring, and they will often rage against that but quickly go back to living an unfulfilling life. We can use anger, the rage to help us get out of this situation if we are intentional about directing our anger and giving it a purpose instead of just shooting it out into the world.

1 Like

Yesss one of my favorite songs by SOAD :heart:

1 Like

It’s time to add a new group for you to check out. Please check out Gojira - L’Enfant Sauvage. I would love to hear your thoughts on it!

1 Like

Here we go! Beautiful song to wake up to. :pray:

1 Like

You really REALLY need to listen to the BEST song for mental health! Arch Enemy, Reason to Believe is a lifesaver

1 Like

You really, REALLY have to check out Arch Enemy, Reason to Believe! Amazing song for mental health!

1 Like

Hospital for Souls Bring Me The Horizon please

1 Like

You’ve quickly become one of my new favorite reactors!!!

There’s so many SOAD tracks out there for you to sink your teeth into!!! I’d love to hear your take on “Spiders” or “Hynotize”!!!

Some of the tracks you’ve reacted to recently (including this one) don’t have any plainly stated emotional commentary, yet you dig through the political/societal commentary and find the emotional red line. And, you take the time to turn that perspective into something actionable. Fuckin awesome.

Also, I’d LOVE to see your take on the piano version of “Mien Herz Brennt” by Rammstein!! The lyrics are in German but it’s so worth checking out. The video for it expresses a simple, yet profound representation of childhood trauma. It’s beautiful. Keep up the great work!!!

Cheers

1 Like

Highly suggest checking out “The Virus of Life” by Slipknot; It’s one of my favorite songs by them in terms of surface themes, and is quite dark and horror oriented on that front. I’d like to see if you could wring a different interpretation out of it than what’s literal in the lyrics.

Another great one in this vein, so to speak, is “Iowa”, a fifteen minute long song that left my jaw on the floor. It’s just as bone chilling, but there might be more of an obvious underlying meaning properly present in that one.

1 Like

falling in reverse It’s a good band to react to, besides good clips, the lyrics are very deep

You really need to emerse yourself into some TOOL
try stink fist
Youll thank me😊

I love this positivity,I’m 53 and have just been diagnosed with depression and anxiety (on tablets just to take the edge off)
Rock and metal has always been my refuge,in the metal clubs and concerts nobody ever judges and that acceptable has been incredibly important (and even life saving for some.
Thankyou so much for being a voice of understanding and reason :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for your videos I’m getting some free therapy I didn’t know I needed I’ve been a metalhead since 9th grade (84/85) Anthrax Among the living started my journey

1 Like

You should watch Hi Ren by Ren and get down this rabbit hole. or NF if you dare :wink:

1 Like

You need react system of a down lost in Hollywood

1 Like

Need more of SOAD top song reactions from you :yellow_heart:

1 Like

React to Korn freak on a leash and fall away from me

1 Like

Love the way you get into the heavy parts by headbanging.

1 Like

I would suggest Pit of Consciousness by jinjer live in Kiev

1 Like

we need linkin park and tool reactions :smiley:

1 Like