Therapist Reacts to Vermilion by Slipknot Part 1

It was recorded in Rick Rubins mansion in L.A. Corey was convinced the mansion was haunted hence inspiration for the song. He’s obsessed with the paranormal btw. Even wrote a book on it

1 Like

We hide behind many masks

1 Like

@heartsupport I’m binge watching you analyze some of the songs that have helped me literally survive back in the day when I was fighting depression, general anxiety and some other “stuff” all the while trying to heal years of different traumas. Your explanations and points of views are really helping me now to deeper understand why they were of such significant help to me and also see the bigger picture of everything I’ve been through.
For that reason, I am eager to ask you, with absolute understanding if you don’t even notice my comment, if you could, please, do an analysis of “Scissors” and “Iowa” from Slipknot’s earlier days. Sincerely, I would be forever grateful.

1 Like

ThIs ep really helped me. I don’t want to share but this one really helped me. :blush:
Don’t stop making this type of content!

1 Like

@HeartSupport I have been a HUGE appreciator of the brilliant genius of the subliminal verses, but you have opened my eyes and helped me see this (two-part) song in a new way.
For some silly reason, I was hearing “she isn’t real, chemical real” (:rofl::joy:)
I’ve been fighting off ‘the suicide demon’ for forty years now, so naturally I’ve encountered many therapists and hearing you speak on some of these songs from that perspective is very helpful and incredibly mind-blowing. Almost as much as when I saw System of a Down open up for Slipknot.
Thank you so very much! PvT

1 Like

I just noticed that clown’s death mask.His mouth is actually open.If he freeze frame it you’ll notice

1 Like

It’s about being put inlined and not being the person someone thought to someone and facing the truth when there is no support for it

1 Like

I think the woman in this song has schizoid personality disorder.

1 Like

I made her real, you might want to watch out about getting what you wish for.

1 Like

I’m not happy but can’t find my bliss …I don’tseem to fit in anywhere and that’s where Slipknot and music in general fills that void but it’s not a fix

1 Like

Guess it’s about stalking someone. If you talk to yourself to not let this build up inside of you, you might be already to late. You might not take notice until you are about doing something inhuman. I think this song is about the danger coming from obsessed men.

1 Like

Yaman! You were getting into this one!! Forking tune!!! Forking band!!:firecracker::boom::rotating_light::v:

1 Like

She = madness…

1 Like

i think “she” is depression, Vermilion pt 1 is a cry for help, and we cant handle with depression, in Vermilion pt 2 whe start to figure it out

1 Like

The album version is so much better than the Music Video version

1 Like

please do some foo fighters

1 Like

Your great description of all this made me start thinking the butterfly is possibly him, or at least her memory of him, or the hope she may still have for him. Then at 3:00 the moment he says " I won’t let this build up inside of me" and the chorus starts, she sets him free. After which it seems like she may be chasing the memory she maybe regrets freeing. Finally I will say there is a new sadness to this also because of that. If what i was thinking is true, then in the end they both wanted each other, but still ended up parting. Almost like they both have giant walls up, and if they could just get one message to each other…But they don’t :frowning: Look forward to Part 2 …I am the Butterfly.

1 Like

I won’t let this build up inside of me,is probably about the guilt of killing her

1 Like

She’s not a ghost, she was just the object of desire. So everything around her is a blur, the camera is the killer, so when you just stare at one thing obsessively everything around it is just whizzing by and you pay no attention to it

Her movements are jerky 'cos it’s creepy and slipknot love creepy hahaha

1 Like

Slipknot, KoRn, Ren, Missio lots of music has been my “therapy” for a very long time, why i am still here today, and im so glad i found your youtube :heart: :heart: :blush:

1 Like