Therapist Reacts to Vermilion by Slipknot Part 1

The song is about dealing with “Someone who You Love”.

Its justs from a Man’s perspective who is a lyrical Genius and a Poet.

Before analyzing A Man, as a Therapist, look into the person you are Analyzing.

Corey Taylor has helped Me with his lyrics and he doesn’t even know it. He’s an Amazing person now. This album came out around 20 years ago, it was Slipknot’s 3rd album and he said " This album we are going to curse alot less and No 666 talk cause thats what EVERYONE thinks we do" end quote.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Butterflies symbolize change… not hope… ugh…

1 Like

Vermillion 1 starts its basically is the continuation of 2. In vermillion 2, an obsessed man rapes and kills an innocent lady and leaves her body in the meadows. His jealousy lust and lost love leads him to murder her. After that god tries to take her soul to heaven, but because in her death she is not buried with rituals, her souls gets stuck in earth.

Now starts vermillion 1: where her souls wakes up in modern world. Her soul wonders, and she is not able to recognise and talk to anyone. Frustrated she goes crazy, then a butterfly comes along and gives her soul hope

1 Like

This song made the Des Moines register before the album came out!! But also go back in this particular reaction video, at the 1:58 mark, when she rolls over in bed, keep your eye on the pillow, you can see corey, in his mask, in it!!

1 Like

“She” is the depression. Look at this perspective and you will find the meaning of this song…

1 Like

Would love to see a review of any if the songs from Korn’s untouchables albums.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this breakdown for over a decade. This is one of my fav Slipknot songs but never really understood the message. THANK YOU :pray:t2:. SUBSCRIBED!

1 Like

Your going to far they are two she can also be his fantasy he’s in love with her…

1 Like

She is not dead. I know what the song is about Corey Taylor and the guys told me about what’s going on he’s in love with her!

1 Like

I dedicate this song to Jessica someone I grew up with

1 Like

I used to feel that I was always missing that one thing that would solve my problems. But then I turned the tables on my thought narrative and started telling myself that I have enough. My mental health improved rapidly after that.

1 Like

Subbed !!! I need to show my wife your channel!!

1 Like

i didnt like the middle part of the solo that they cut out

Thinks Corey is talking about the music industry maybe cause industry is the she it’s almost like killpop they made like Korn song freak on the leach

This song is a love letter from a serial killer

The butterfly can also mean metamorphosis or transformation, and in the video this butterfly at the end is the same one she had in her glass jar where she was still in the cocoon.
the butterfly means she has this transformation over time

Is she dead though?..

So the masks in this video is something i always interpreted a lil bit differently. Basically slipknot’s masks are supposed to reflect each member’s true self how they interpret themselves, and they are worn because the man underneath isnt who is playing the music, (they like to wear matching jumpsuits too and have numbers for each guy). And in that context, them putting on masks of their own faces and her putting on a slipknot style mask makes me think more like the hes in love with the mask she wears because thats what he sees when she interacts with them, which gives more weight to each time he says she isnt real. At the start she isnt real because shes just a fantasy in his mind, then halfway through she isnt real because now you know its just a mask she wears, and at the end she isnt real because he’s given up hope about her. And this is even more apparent when you realize that the butterfly which represents that hope starts off in a jar, then after being released its literally on fire but then we get the scene with the masks, then finally at the end the butterfly is dead and she finally catches it but she smiles because losing the hope of something you cant make real is actually a really good thing because now you can move on from it.