Therapist reacts to Vicarious by Tool

Self-immolation by schadenfreude

Tool’s music videos are made the guitarist, Adam Jones, who is an SFX artist who worked on the original Jurassic Park movie

Hey I saw that video in 2009

Redirecting our energy……

Great reaction, good stuff.

When you treat the world as purely materialistic, it feels like a zero sum game. But the world is not just stuff. It’s also spirit. God is the Spirit and He is eternal. There’s no end to the life that comes from the one who created life. We only feel the way this song portrays us because we have turned our backs to the True and Living God.

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬-‭30‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Stopped looking at the visuals to get the meaning of these songs :joy: it doesn’t get you anywhere. They only people that know the meaning of the music videos are the band

TOOL videos don’t necessarily equate to Maynards lyrics. They’re just Adam expressing his art through visuals.The art of Alex Grey and TOOL are synonymous. Like how Taylor gives us ways to flip the script of pain in others.

It’s also about morbid curiosity. When suffering is happening on a screen, it feels like a safe way to watch the worst parts of the human experience, knowing that it’s not happening to us or people we know. It’s a way to finally be a secret observer of the most heinous acts. It’s the same as not being able to look away from car accidents

Have you heard In This Moment Whore?

That’s Adam Jones for you, young lady.

Watching the vide, to me, he is not the pain loving spectator, but he is a zombie spectator, keeping himself crippled by filling himself with negative information. When that distant machine is making its way through the horizon, he is just paralyzed there, maybe even at the mercy of that kind of a tornado, that coluld, at any time, turn his way and tear him up

It’s also about watching celebrities.

That was a very good analysis

not enjoying seeing pain; its all about our fascination with death. we all drive slow on the hyway just to see an accident.

The universe has no conscience so we have to

:heart:please do invincible by tool

Lol the reason tool is so liked is because their songs and video’s challenge you to keep an open mind…so if you find something cool or cute it’s all good !! Just remember the lyrics as the band and videos are so good that it might distract you from the main message!! But you seem to be pretty clear minded and equipped to handle both at the same time !!

learned about tool when i was tripping very hard a friend of mine showed it to me (he knew me well enough to know i would be okay with it) and i’ve never been the same the trip went very deep into the core of who i am as a person i got to know myself that day and it changed my life for the better

omg the records lying ON THEIR SIDE in the background makes me wanna jump into a fire