Therapy appointment tomorrow!

yup yup, tomorrow is my first more or less actual appointment with my new therapist. i’m a little nervous. but she told me i could gladly bring my ipad along to show her my art and also teach her some digital art, since she does art therapy but has never tried it digitally before. I’m really excited about that. :))

14 Likes

I’m super happy for you. I hope it works out well.

3 Likes

@HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease
Hey, I am so pleased for you and the fact that she wants to see your art is brilliant. She sounds really nice already.
I wish you lots of luck and will be thinking of you. let us know how you get on. I have a feeling though that its going to go very well indeed. Im really happy for you.
Much Love
Lisa :heart:

3 Likes

@HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease I’m so happy and proud of you!! Go gettem :slight_smile:

From @Zephirah (Discord) - I know its been a little bit since you have posted here but I wanted to tell you how proud of you that I am. Such a good step in the right direction and it is ok to be nervous. Thank you for posting and hold fast. Remember you are loved. :heart: Zeph

2 Likes

@HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease
Dude this is awesome. I am super glad that you are getting to find a therapist and one that is willing to work with what you need. It is hard to open up and if someone is okay with you doing it with the way that works for you. Each person struggles in their own way and the fact that you have found art as away to express their mental health. Also know that we are so proud of you that fact that you are taking time to go help yourself like this is wonderful. Take this with ease and know that nerves are just a temporary thing to gain a bigger larger needed thing. Each and every time something makes us nervous it means we are growing from that item or thing or activity.

With great support behind you this is not even a challenge and I can say for a fact I am rooting for you.
Hold fast
Ash (discord swat team 1)

3 Likes

That is so amazing. Dont worry it is going to be fine. It is ok to be a bit nervous. All people are nervous when they try something for the first time. She wants to see your art and learn things from you!!! Wow just wow. That is absolutely great. I think you can be proud of yourself for making that step. I hope everything turns out great in the end. Sending you my best wishes. :wink:

2 Likes

This is such a huge step, friend. And gosh dangit she wants you to share your art and discuss about it with you? That’s amazing. I hope her own psychotherapy/approach is going to help you explore the areas of your life that you feel the need to work on. We are so very proud of you - words are not enough to express that! Since it’s been a while that you’ve posted, I’m curious about how it went for you. Would you like to share about it? This is, in any case, the beginning of an important process in your life, and you can be proud of yourself for taking those steps. <3

2 Likes

Hey friend,
I’m so proud of you for taking this step! That’s a huge thing!
Going to therapy is something you do for yourself and your mental wellbeing. So taking that step and reaching out is a big deal. I recently also started art therapy and for me, it helps to get those initial feelings out. It’s me, raw, and how I really feel, with whatever medium I get to use that day. Sometimes a piece comes out more beautiful than another time, but there’s always a story behind it. I’m really proud of you and I hope it brought you something good. Please feel free to share how your first session went.
You’re Loved! You’re Strong! You’re Beautiful! You’re Important!
-Nyntje

2 Likes

I am very happy to see that you now have a therapist! It is very cool that she said that you could also show her some of your art! That also shows that you have similar interests. You also have no reason to be nervous! You will do perfectly, I wish you the best of luck :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes