They all go away

What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end
Thats from the song hurt. that has been my life for the past 5 months. In december my best friend of 5 years and my girfriend just up and ended it, then she went on to block me on everything, now it just happened again although this friend ive had for 11 years. In 5 months, 5 FREAKING MONTHS, I lose 16 years combined of friendships. Close personal relationships, gone.
Want to know the worse part? I don’t know what happened… I don’t know why my two best friends in this WHOLE FREAKING WORLD LEFT ME. The two people who know as much about me as my mom just gone. I am so scared to open to new people because this hurts, it feels like part of me is missing. I told them everything, they told me everything, and they just… leave.
11 years of friendship and not even a goodbye.
Why would someone do that.

1 Like

Hey Skaman, so this hits so close to home for me. I recently moved to New York from New Mexico, and have not heard anything from my best friend back home. Granted, I didn’t know him as long as you knew the friends you mentioned. So this friend of mine, I’ve known for about 10 years. It is really crazy, now that I thought about it, I didn’t even realize it was that long. He was also my best man when I got married. We met working at a restaurant together, and ended up being roommates for about 4 years.
I started noticing the separation even before I had moved. He wouldn’t try to get ahold of me as often as he had in the past. It really bothered me because we had been really close. Then one day I thought about it, and just came to realize people change. I mean it isn’t necessarily always in a bad way, but just in general. He was still single, and I now had a wife and kids. I can totally see how he just may have not felt comfortable anymore. I don’t even think he meant it to hurt me, but maybe to even support me. See, when he and I normally hung out in the past, we would always be partying, and drinking, and just living a sort of bachelor life. So in a way this may have just been him realizing I couldn’t do those sorts of things anymore, and I truly thank him for it now.
I don’t know if that is even close to your situation, but hopefully it might give you insight on the matter. In the long run, it still hurts, but it may be for the best, and it may not have even been intentional by the people who left. My advice to you though, is not to shut people out. It really does suck, because people may always come and go from our lives, and it may sound corny, but the memories and lessons will always last. Just know this my friend, you may have lost a couple friends, but you have just gained a whole hell of a lot by being in this community. I really hope this has helped you in some way. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

1 Like

Wow, that’s really rough. I’ve gone through the loss of a couple friends both recently and over the years. It’s never easy. Especially when you don’t have answers or any closure. I’m sorry that you lost people that were so close to but also loved ones.

I hate it when I’m not given any closure, because then my brain obsesses over it and wants answers. Then it drives my anxiety up because I can’t get those answers. For you, I know you have been blocked so I imagine you must be feeling something similar.

I’m very sorry friend. And while I cannot provide the answers for you or fix it, I want you to know that I hear you. I see you. You are important and you DO matter. Despite the fact your friends made you feel otherwise.

You deserve better than that. And I hope that you can find another friend or person, even if it’s a therapist to find comfort in that you can turn to and open up to that is a safe place for you.

Hang in there my sweet friend. I know it’s hard to hear now but it does get better. hugs

1 Like